Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Zimbra Web Client on Postfix or Exim4

  1. #1
    Naspar is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Zimbra Web Client on Postfix or Exim4

    Hi Guys,
    does anybody know how to set up zimbra web client on my favorite MTA ? (postfix or exim4 on debian).

    Any tips or manual to follow ?
    Thanks

    Naspar

  2. #2
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,580
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naspar View Post
    does anybody know how to set up zimbra web client on my favorite MTA ? (postfix or exim4 on debian).
    This has been asked many times in the forums and the answer is, you can't. Zimbra is a complete collaboration suite and must be installed as such, the Web UI is an interface to Zimbra. You could always convert to Zimbra (it uses Postfix as the MTA) instead of your current set-up.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Naspar is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    hi and thanks for answering.
    Unfortunately i cannot use the same Zimbra mta core since we do have our own MTA which could be connected using standard protocols (imap,pop3,ldap). I am trying to find out a "rich" web client and thought Zimbra might be suitable for us.

    thanks again.

    Naspar

  4. #4
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,580
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naspar View Post
    hi and thanks for answering.
    Unfortunately i cannot use the same Zimbra mta core since we do have our own MTA which could be connected using standard protocols (imap,pop3,ldap).
    You can do all of that with Zimbra, have you had a look at the product features and specifications?

    Quote Originally Posted by Naspar View Post
    I am trying to find out a "rich" web client and thought Zimbra might be suitable for us.
    As I said, it's part of the complete package and isn't a separate part that can be grafted onto another MTA (like Squirrelmail for example).
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  5. #5
    Naspar is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    hi Phoenix,
    i got lost in the specification .. could you please give some tips in order to put me in the rigth direction ?

    if you know how or where to find out a manual which allow to connect our mta to zimbra .. please do suggest the address . .thanks in advance.

    Naspar

  6. #6
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,580
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naspar View Post
    i got lost in the specification .. could you please give some tips in order to put me in the rigth direction ?
    Zimbra )apart from the Collaboration Suite part of it) provides all the email (SMTP, POP3, IMAP) and anti-spam services needed to run a profession (or home user) mail server - as I mentioned, the MTA in Zimbra is Postfix.

    Quote Originally Posted by Naspar View Post
    if you know how or where to find out a manual which allow to connect our mta to zimbra .. please do suggest the address . .thanks in advance.
    What do you mean by the highlighted comment above?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  7. #7
    Naspar is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    just was wondering how to "unplug" (if possible) postfix and to plug our mail core server.

    I will go deeply in the product details, in the meantime if may give me some wuick tips it would be great

    Thanks

    Naspar

  8. #8
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,580
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naspar View Post
    just was wondering how to "unplug" (if possible) postfix and to plug our mail core server.
    Again, that's not possible. The whole of the package is tightly integrated and no sinlge component can be replaced. You could certainly have have both servers running during any migration, see the Split Domain article in the wiki.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Did I miss something? (Zimbra GA 6.0.8 on Ubuntu 10.04)
    By vpetersson in forum Installation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 06:29 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 10:06 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 11:49 AM
  4. [SOLVED] Error Installing Zimbra on RHEL 5
    By harris7139 in forum Installation
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 11:39 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 04:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •