Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Configure External Mail

RizKhan is offline Intermediate Member

But I don't have a public ip on zimbra server and the server domain.com is hosted somewhere in the world. I have looked that option but I believe that for that we need zimbra configured with a public ip.

Can you please tell me what exactly I can do in my case?

Thanks

RizKhan

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RizKhan View Post
    But I don't have a public ip on zimbra server and the server domain.com is hosted somewhere in the world. I have looked that option but I believe that for that we need zimbra configured with a public ip.
    That wasn't what you implied in your last question.

You must have a public IP, how do you connect to the internet, how do you download 'stuff; from the internet? You need to give a more complete description of your configuration and how you're connected to the internet.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Sorry but actually by public ip i mean that I dont have a static public IP. so what I think is that I need to use imapsync or fetchmail on zimbra server to receive mails from external domain and then fetch to zimbra accounts.

I have installed imapsync and also read some articles on it. But will be really great help if you can put some more light on it that how I can use it and that how can I schedule it to run automatically after a specific time.

Regards

RizKhan

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Sorry but actually by public ip i mean that I dont have a static public IP.
    You would be far better using a professional service such as dnydns.org that will relay mail to your server and allow you to send email by relaying through them, they can provide this type of service for servers that are on a dynamic IP - I'm assuming you can't get a fixed IP from your ISP for the Zimbra server?. I'd suggest you have a look at their web site and see how much the services cost for your set-up.

so what I think is that I need to use imapsync or fetchmail on zimbra server to receive mails from external domain and then fetch to zimbra accounts.

I have installed imapsync and also read some articles on it. But will be really great help if you can put some more light on it that how I can use it and that how can I schedule it to run automatically after a specific time.
    You do not use IMAPSYNC, you would use Fetchmail and I've already said that there's several articles in the forums and given you a link to the product documentation. As I've also mentioned, the best results with Fetchmail are when your ISP provides multi-drop mailboxes and most of them aren't - have a look at the link I gave you earlier on what a multi-drop mailbox is and why it's recommended and why you may have problems if you don't have one.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your great help always. I have succesfully configured fetchmail and now I can fetch mails from gmail, hotmail, yahoo, ISP accounts but when I try to fetch mails from our domain residing somewhere in the world I get following errors in the log file.

fetchmail: starting fetchmail 6.3.8 daemon
    fetchmail: Server CommonName mismatch: zldap02.aspwebhosting.com != mail.nscoman.com
    fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: unable to get local issuer certificate
    fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: certificate not trusted
    fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: unable to verify the first certificate
    fetchmail: Unknown login or authentication error on ite@zwebmail.aspwebhosting.com
    fetchmail: socket error while fetching from ite@mail.nscoman.com
    fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
    fetchmail: sleeping at Sun 01 Aug 2010 03:48:46 AM PDT for 300 seconds
    I would like to tell you that our domain is also on Zimbra. I just want to fetch mails for some users from our public server to our private server only for those users who don't have access to the internet so they can check their email and send without internet.

Please help me.

Thanks

RizKhan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information