Thread: spam training account

getridoff is offline Active Member

Default spam training account

Hi there,

i have zimbra server installed, and is in production already, users are busy using the mail server primarily. And using SpamAssassin to control the spam as well. And i been using the spam training account, which is spam & ham. And the spam training going on very well.

Yesterday, one of my technician, has accidentaly removed the spam & ham accounts, without knowing theirs functions at all. But i went thru this forum and found out how to replace a new account and take the spam and ham functions. Then i create those 2 accounts already last nite.

But this morning, none of the junk emails copied to the spam & ham training accounts, and those already whitelisted emails in the webmail, appears again to be tagged with SPAM. So i need to manually, choose the really junk mail, then click the button 'Junk' to make sure it goes to the Junk folder to be copied to spam training account to teach the spam filter.

So my assumption is, if you deleted the previous spam & ham accounts, and creates back a new spam & ham accounts, you need to verify again all the non spam and spam emails again, am i rite ?

Kindly hightlight me please on this. Thank you.

Regards,
    getridoff

uxbod is offline Moderator

How did you re-create the accounts ? Do you have a backup as you could possible recover /opt/zimbra/data/amavisd/.spamassassin files.

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    How did you re-create the accounts ? Do you have a backup as you could possible recover /opt/zimbra/data/amavisd/.spamassassin files.
    Hi uxbod,

i have searched this forum before i re-created those accounts and here how i done it :

zmprov mcf zimbraSpamIsNotSpamAccount ham@domain.com
    zmprov mcf zimbraSpamIsSpamAccount spam@domain.com

But i dont have any backup as you've mentioned as above.

Thank you

Regards
    getridoff

I am guessing that it re-initialized the SA bayes database you may wish to look at moving the bayes into MySQL where you could then perform normal database backups.

I am guessing that it re-initialized the SA bayes database you may wish to look at moving the bayes into MySQL where you could then perform normal database backups.
    Hi uxbod,

And how im suppose to do that please ? Is there any link that i can refer too ? And may i know what would be it advantages and disadvantages moving it into Mysql ? Because the server is in production, and im just taking extra pre-caution.

Please highlight me on this .

Thank you uxbod

Regards,
    getridoff

Are you still on version 4.5.8 ? You should really look to upgrade.

Are you still on version 4.5.8 ? You should really look to upgrade.
    Hi Uxbod,

yes, im still on the old version, 4.5.8. Yeah, partially im looking into it, as im going to upgrade it step by step, from our clients to us. Surely need to upgrade the version itself.

But before this, i would like to solve this little issue. Or is this related to the old version as well ?

thank you uxbod

regards,
    getridoff

Somewhere under /opt/zimbra you should have a .spamassassin folder that contains items named
    Code:
    bayes.mutex  bayes_journal  bayes_seen  bayes_toks
    Once you have found them you should be able to get replacement from your backup. You should see that the backed up ones are considerably larger than the current ?

Somewhere under /opt/zimbra you should have a .spamassassin folder that contains items named
    Code:
    bayes.mutex  bayes_journal  bayes_seen  bayes_toks
    Once you have found them you should be able to get replacement from your backup. You should see that the backed up ones are considerably larger than the current ?
    hi uxbod,

sorry for the delay,

Ok,it it my mistake not to confirm with my technician first before i inform you about my case. And here is the REAL situation :

1. when installing zimbra server last month, it was installed as the domain name abcd.com
    2. Then they renamed the domain name from abcd.com to xyz.com.
    3. But the spam and ham accounts still tight to the abcd.com domain, same goes with the admin accounts also.
    4. so what they did is they simply change the admin, spam and ham accounts from the abdc.com to xyz.com
    5. And now the new changed domain account, xyz.com for the admin, spam and ham, wont receiving any emails, but for the admin account for the old domain, abcd.com will still receiving mails about the server mail reports.

And i wonder why the old domain email account still able to receive emails even after changed to the new domain. Is it any way around to fix this issue ?

thanks

Regards
    getridoff

Thread Information