Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot Send Email Through Outlook Client

Dan Rabideau is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix
    So a four hour wait for an answer to a problem with free software has put you off installing zimbra?

It might have helped if you had posted details about the version of Zimbtra and which o/s it's installed on. You could also have looked in bugzilla or searched the forums for some answers, did you do either of those?

Nevermind, I guess you didn't really want your questions answered.
    My intention was not to insult, I was just stating there was no need for anyone to spend time to look into the problem for me.

I am running 2 Zimbra servers, one of them is running fine and authenticates fine with the same outlook/outlook express client. I looked all over these forums and found similiar questions unanswered (Do a Search on 554 Relay Access Denied). I even rewrote the main.cf file with a number of different options. My postconf looks fine, my settings look fine, I cannot find a single error outside of the zimbra.log file.

Yes, I have tried turning on SMTP auth on and off and retesting through Outlook and outlook express with the same client that works on the other Zimbra. I even mimicked that other zimbra settings. I performed all the suggestions I found, including the zmprov gs domain and comparing the MailAuth etc etc...

I have also seen a post where people were willing to pay someone to fix this for them, without a reply.

My only recourse is to install the latest version and migrate the accounts over. If I am going to do that, I may as well migrate to the enteprise edition of Mail Enable where I can pick up a phone and call someone for $50. Zimbra has their professional edition, but at a 25 user increment at $700, I'd be paying tens of thousands of dollars. I anticipate a 2000 user system. It would be cheaper at those rates for me to buy MS Exchange and then hire someone at $50,000 a year to manage it then go with Zimbra.

The feature set of Zimbra is great, thats why we went with the free version, however I can't justify those kinds of expenses to get support for it.

I'll continue to use Zimbra where I can afford it.

Dan

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Well, if you want an answer then provide the logs and details mentioned in the earlier posts and we'll see what we can do. If you need a service where you can get an answer immediately then I don't suppose the forums are for you and you mut do what suits your needs. Sometimes we can answer quickly and sometimes it's a while before we get to your post.

There was no insult taken but I'm sure you're aware that there can be no guarantees for support response and we all do this for fun.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

yetdog is offline Active Member

One thing that might or might not be related, is if your Zimbra server sits behind a Cisco PIX Firewall or ASA appliance, having ip inspect smtp WILL break your authenticated SMTP traffic. You need to NOT inspect smtp traffic for any zimbra servers on your network through the PIX.

Dan Rabideau is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by yetdog
    One thing that might or might not be related, is if your Zimbra server sits behind a Cisco PIX Firewall or ASA appliance, having ip inspect smtp WILL break your authenticated SMTP traffic. You need to NOT inspect smtp traffic for any zimbra servers on your network through the PIX.

Interesting, we are behind a Cisco PIX 506

Dan

tapan.thapa is offline Member

Thumbs up

I was facing the same issue. I was using Pix 506E and i have fired below mentioned command in configuration mode in my pix and my problem got resolved after this.

no fixup protocol smtp 25

trhhai is offline Starter Member

hehe, I've fix this error. When sending mail from Outlook, zimbra log shows:

Feb 17 09:40:09 zimbra postfix/smtpd[6877]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[10.0.1.247]: 554 5.7.1 <(Address Removed)>: Relay access denied; from=<(Address Removed)> to=<(Address Removed)> proto=SMTP helo=

10.0.1.247 is IP of Router connect to my Mail server.
    After adding 10.0.0.0/8 to MTA Trusted Networks (in admin web page), sending mail from Outlook is successful.
    Use command "postfix reload" after adding IP subnet

Useful link: ZimbraMtaMyNetworks - Zimbra :: Wiki

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-01-2007, 09:27 AM

Thread Information