Thread: Delegate a Domain Administrator - Zimbra 6.0.6

aviriel is offline Junior Member

Default Delegate a Domain Administrator - Zimbra 6.0.6

Hi all!

I have a problem with Zimbra NE 6.0.6. I can't find Right Tab in the Administrator Console. When I create a user I can give him only a right of Global Admin, and what about creating Domain Admin. And if I try to create DL, there is no admin group checkbox.
    As far as I am concerned there are some problems with com_zimbra_delegatedadmin zimlet. Zmzimletctl shows everything is ok.
    There are the same problem with com_zimbra_cert_manager, com_zimbra_hsm and some other zimlets.
    I have two questions about this. Maybe some of you already resolved this problem.
    1. Are there any possibility to repair zimlets before we will see 6.0.7, 6.0.8 or 7.0.0?
    2. How to create Domain Admin using zmprov command? There are so much rights. Can anybody tell me what rights should I give to Domain Admins?
    As I can see it should be
    zmprov grr account testadmin@example1.com dom example1.com rights
    Am I right?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You can set the Admin details in the Admin UI/Accounts, click on the Administrator box and further details will show and you just add the rights in there. You can also use the Administrator wizard, click on New/Administrator and follow the wizard. You will also find further details in the Admin Guide or the on-line help in the Admin UI, click on the Help Desk (top right) then Zimbra Online Help.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thank you, Bill

After a week, when there were no "Administrator box", "Admin UI/Rights" and "Global ACL" in Admin UI, I understand that the problem is - I use Russian localization for Zimbra. I don't know who translated it, but there are no such tabs. Maybe translators forgot to translate names of the tabs.. Thank you, I will go to Bugzilla

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by aviriel View Post
    Thank you, Bill

After a week, when there were no "Administrator box", "Admin UI/Rights" and "Global ACL" in Admin UI, I understand that the problem is - I use Russian localization for Zimbra. I don't know who translated it, but there are no such tabs. Maybe translators forgot to translate names of the tabs.. Thank you, I will go to Bugzilla
    I guess it works in English then? Yes, please file a bug report for that and post the bug number in this thread so others can see it (and vote) for it - don't forget to search just in case there's already a bug report for this problem.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information