Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can send but not receive

dbo
    dbo is offline Senior Member

Default Can send but not receive

Just did a fresh install of the OpenSource GA version on FC4. I set Zimbra-Apache to run on port 8081 since it's on the same machine as my webserver. I opened up ports 8081, 25, 110, 143, 993, 443, 995, 7071, 7025, 389 at my router and those same ports on the FC4 machines firewall.

I'm able to send mail but not receive it. I've been at it all day. Please help!

marcmac is offline Expert Member

what's in /var/log/zimbra.log?
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

gmsmith is offline Moderator

Also, be sure your ISP allows for inbound port 25 traffic, many consumer providers don't allow this.

dbo

Hi, thanks for the replies.

My ISP says that they don't do any port blocking.

Is there anything in particular I should be looking for in the log file?

dbo

There is definately something blocking inbound port 25 traffic. I'll play with my router and firewall some more tonight and place a call to my ISP tomorrow to make sure nothing has changed.

If anyone has any other ideas please throw them out there. Thanks for all the help.

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

Hi-
    Can you:
    $telnet localhost 25
    ?

If you can, then PM me your domain name, and I will test it to see if I can get through. If not, I may be able to tell you where it's getting blocked.

-john

dbo

Hi John. You've been very helpful during my "getting acquainted" period with Zimbra.

I actually tested this last night right before I went to bed. I can connect to port 25 on the local machine as well as any of the machines on my LAN. I know that I've done port forwarding correctly on my router which leads me to believe it is in fact my ISP. Therefore, I've got a support call in to them since I was told they don't do ANY port blocking and the fact that I pay extra money to have a public IP address. Hopefully they'll be able to open it up for me. I'll know more after I hear back.

Thanks again.

dbo

Woo, excited about the new GA release this week. I'll have to jump into that right away.

I've got confirmation from my ISP that they do no port blocking on my public IP address. I completely disabled the firewall on the linux box and still can't connect to port 25 anywhere outside my router, which lead's me to believe the problem is my router, yet I know I forwarded port 25 traffic.

Anyone got any bright ideas what might be the hold up?

gmsmith is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dbo
    Woo, excited about the new GA release this week. I'll have to jump into that right away.

I've got confirmation from my ISP that they do no port blocking on my public IP address. I completely disabled the firewall on the linux box and still can't connect to port 25 anywhere outside my router, which lead's me to believe the problem is my router, yet I know I forwarded port 25 traffic.

I would venture to say it is your ISP and not your setup, unless you have the port forward incorrectly done. This is purely based on my experience with consumer grade ISPs

Greg

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dbo

Well, I can certainly telnet to something on Port 25 on your IP address so something is listining there but it's not Zimbra that responds. However if I telnet to 7025 then Zimbra seems to be listening to that port.

If I telnet to your domain name then it seems to be an instance of postfix that replies. Have you removed Postfix (or at least stopped the service) from your system?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information