Thread: Zimbra LDAP Libc.so.7 FSBD_1.1

ausfeldj is offline Member

Default Zimbra LDAP Libc.so.7 FSBD_1.1

I tried installing openssl using the ports tree. No problem with make install clean.

I have installed ldap (root). Started it, no problem. I can write to it and everything is happy.

zimbra ldap is still looking for a library.

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /lib/libc.so.7: version FSBD_1.1 required by /opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin/slapd not found.

There is a libc.so.7 in the lib directory. So I have no idea what version FSBD_1.1 means. But it is annoying.

Running FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE. 7.1 and 7.2 do not work. Some kind of kernel halt just after fxp0. I tried upgrading using the traditional method, new installs, and finally through //eople.freebsd etc. Only the people config version was able to get me from 6.4 to 7.0. Otherwise I would be locked into 6.4 only.

Zimbra was installed using packages from solko which I know were compiled for 7.2. So already a problem. But then I cannot seem to get the patch and code to compile the traditional way. So I am left with only packages. I'm so close I can feel it.

Is there a way of reinstalling/recompiling just the zimbra version of ldap? Is there some trick to make my libc.so.7 version 1.1? How do I know what version it is.

There has got to be a way of beating this. Please help.

P.S. libc.so.7 does not exist in /opt/zimbra/lib only /lib. Maybe I'll try ln to the main base lib

tried ln -s libc.so.7 from /lib to /opt/zimbra/lib. Still got the version_1.1 error. So then I cp slapd in /opt/zimbra/openldap/sbin to slapd.old && rm slapd. I then cp slapd from /usr/local/etc/rc.d/slapd (which I know works) to the zimbra directory above. No libc.so.7 errors. Now I get /opt/../sbin/slapd: unknown directive -l ("ell") errr...

restored everything back to original state. Tried to cp libc.so.7 into /zimbra but received same version_1.1 error. Also tried running zimbra slapd as root (permission denied). I can run slapd as a zimbra user to get the failure much faster than running zmsetup.pl. Can I just make and install openldap as a zimbra user? Would that fix the problem? I'm going to try.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ausfeldj View Post
    Running FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE. 7.1 and 7.2 do not work.
    This is an unsupported platform, in future do not tag your posts onto a four year old thread an that have no relationship to your installation or problem. I'll move this to a new thread.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information