No admin panel
CentOS 5.4, new open source Zimbra install. Had an issue with MTA/postfix running but that's resolved (exim was listening to 25). Nothing is coming up when trying to access the admin panel. It looks like it's listening on 7071.
[root@system conf]# netstat -anp|grep :7071
tcp 0 0 :::7071 :::* LISTEN 8056/java
What am I missing?
Are you sure you are using https:// in the URL?
Yes. I've tried it without as well.
Have you tried other standard troubleshooting steps? Can you telnet to port 7071 from localhost? What about another machine on the same segment? Do you have any firewall rules setup on the machine? Any errors in your logs?
* zimbra server is at home office
* Comcast firewall not enabled. Enabling with 7071 open makes no difference.
* telnet from zimbra server using localhost on 7071 - good
* telnet from zimbra server using it's domain name on 7071 - good
* telnet from Windows Vista (same segment) on 7071 - NO GOOD
* telnet from Windows Vista to server at data center port 80 - good
* telnet from server at data center to zimbra server at home office - no good on 7071 or 25
Not seeing anything in the logs (/var/log) that would indicate what the issue is.
Also - SELinux is disabled. Had it at permissive but disabling (then rebooting) made no difference.
The fact you can't telnet to that server from some locations most likely indicates a firewall problem, is the firewall disabled on your Zimbra server? When you try to telnet to it from a 'failing' location what error does it give? ARe all the Zimbra services running? What does the output of the following show:
Originally Posted by Digipark