Thread: [SOLVED] Piped scripts and relay access

hexfusion is offline Member

Default [SOLVED] Piped scripts and relay access

I am using Zimbra Collaboration Suite 6.0 on Centos 5.4 x86_64 has worked perfectly as a replacement for our Exchange Server. I am trying to use Request Tracker on the same server as my Zimbra install and almost have everything running.

I referenced this wiki doc

Configuring Postfix to work with piped scripts - Zimbra :: Wiki

My zimbra setup uses @mydomain.com for general email request tracker I use @rt.mydomain.com. If send a message using user@mydomain.com to rt@rt.mydomain.com works fine.

If I use another domain like user@mac.com I get Relay access denied which makes sense. So I tried adding the domain rt.domain.com to the Zimbra admin and i get "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table" in response to emails. This all makes sence but even if I add the rt user I get the same message. My thoughts are the piped scripts work before the virtual mailbox.

So my question is how can I manually set this up so that rt.domain.com is correctly added to the config allowing incoming messages to be processed by the pipes.

Stupid mistake didn't restart after I added the domain and user in admin.

# zmmtactl stop ; zmmtactl start

mstreet is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by hexfusion View Post
    I am using Zimbra Collaboration Suite 6.0 on Centos 5.4 x86_64 has worked perfectly as a replacement for our Exchange Server. I am trying to use Request Tracker on the same server as my Zimbra install and almost have everything running.

I referenced this wiki doc

Configuring Postfix to work with piped scripts - Zimbra :: Wiki

My zimbra setup uses @mydomain.com for general email request tracker I use @rt.mydomain.com. If send a message using user@mydomain.com to rt@rt.mydomain.com works fine.

If I use another domain like user@mac.com I get Relay access denied which makes sense. So I tried adding the domain rt.domain.com to the Zimbra admin and i get "Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table" in response to emails. This all makes sence but even if I add the rt user I get the same message. My thoughts are the piped scripts work before the virtual mailbox.

So my question is how can I manually set this up so that rt.domain.com is correctly added to the config allowing incoming messages to be processed by the pipes.
    Hi,

I am experiencing this same problem this week. What did you do to resolve the User unknown in virtual mailbox table?

I followed the Configuring Postfix with piped scripts howto also.

I am stuck on the unkown user in virtual mailbox table error when receiving from outside domain addresses

Thanks
    Mark Street, D.C., RHCE
    Chief Technology Officer
    Alliance Medical Center

Quote Originally Posted by mstreet View Post
    Hi,

I am experiencing this same problem this week. What did you do to resolve the User unknown in virtual mailbox table?

I followed the Configuring Postfix with piped scripts howto also.

I am stuck on the unkown user in virtual mailbox table error when receiving from outside domain addresses

Thanks
    Did you add the user and domain in the admin then restart Zimbra?

# zmmtactl stop ; zmmtactl start

mstreet is offline Active Member

Thanks, I wondered why it stopped working... I added the users back in the admin interface and all is well.
    Mark Street, D.C., RHCE
    Chief Technology Officer
    Alliance Medical Center

Thread Information