Thread: Installing Zimbra in a server.com/zimbra

SAUns is offline Starter Member

Default Installing Zimbra in a server.com/zimbra

I am trying to find out if I can change zimbra from showing up at my server's root directory and have it show up at a subdirectory, such as myserver.com/zimbra. I've looked at the tutorials on the wiki and done some extensive googling, but all of the solutions seem to be for editions of Zimbra using tomcat, while our version is using Jetty, and none of the solutions seem to work.

So I would like to know if what we are trying to do is possible and if so, how to do it.

Thanks!

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SAUns View Post
    I am trying to find out if I can change zimbra from showing up at my server's root directory and have it show up at a subdirectory, such as myserver.com/zimbra. I've looked at the tutorials on the wiki and done some extensive googling, but all of the solutions seem to be for editions of Zimbra using tomcat, while our version is using Jetty, and none of the solutions seem to work.
    Are you talking about the web url or the installation directory? If it's the installation directory it is installed in /opt/zimbra and can be mounted on any local drive, if it's the web url then it should be available as the FQDN of your server (if you've installed it correctly) and would be e.g.
    Code:
    http://mail.yourdomain.com
    What exactly are you trying to achieve or what's the problem?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

SAUns is offline Starter Member

Say for example that I have Zimbra installed on Refreshing to welcome page.... CUrrently, if I go to Refreshing to welcome page..., the zimbra webmail client comes up. I would like to change that so that instead of Zimbra coming up at the root directory of my webpage (Refreshing to welcome page...) it will come up in a subdirectory, such as http://myFQDN.com/zimbra or myFQDN.com/mail.

Sorry if my original post wasn't clear enough, I was in a rush. Thanks for the reply!

Thread Information