Thread: Preinstalation questions

Mroofka is offline Starter Member

Default Preinstalation questions

I'm quite new here so I would like to say Hello to all of you .

For few days I've been reading documentation and forums but I still have some doubts. I'm interested in Open Edition of ZCS and here are my basic questions:
    1. Is there any chance to run ZCS for 15000+ accounts on one server or do i have prepare hardware myself for multi-server installation? How powerful it should be?
    2. If it's necessary how to distribute Zimbra components among servers for optimal performance and which component requires the most cpu, ram, and hdd?
    3. OpenSource edition doesn't have load balancing, redundancy and backup options but as I understand I still have my own solution for backup of databases or data in mailboxes ? Is there possibility to set up multiple mta or mailboxes servers ?

Thanks in Advance

Pozdrawiam
    Mroofka

uxbod is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mroofka View Post
    I'm quite new here so I would like to say Hello to all of you .
    Welcome to the forums

1. Is there any chance to run ZCS for 15000+ accounts on one server or do i have prepare hardware myself for multi-server installation? How powerful it should be?
    The would depend on the profile of the 15000+ users. Will they be using IMAP/POP3? Will they be using the Zimbra Web Client?
    2. If it's necessary how to distribute Zimbra components among servers for optimal performance and which component requires the most cpu, ram, and hdd?
    The backend mailstore will require the most significant resources; and that is also dependent on the first question.
    3. OpenSource edition doesn't have load balancing, redundancy and backup options but as I understand I still have my own solution for backup of databases or data in mailboxes ? Is there possibility to set up multiple mta or mailboxes servers ?
    Read through the mult-server documentation available here : Documentation for the open source Zimbra Collaboration Suite; email, contacts, and group calendaring

Thanks in Advance
    Not a problem we are here to try and help

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Welcome to the forums.

The Product Documentation has details of Multi-Server Installation and the wiki has user contributions for OSS backup (there are also several threads covering backup procedures). You'll also find some threads on configuration in the forums but have a read of the Documentation first and then post your questions.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Mroofka is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post

The would depend on the profile of the 15000+ users. Will they be using IMAP/POP3? Will they be using the Zimbra Web Client?
    Great majority of users will use Web Client.
    Will one server (what hardware configuration) be sufficient ??
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

The Product Documentation has details of Multi-Server Installation and the wiki has user contributions for OSS backup (there are also several threads covering backup procedures). You'll also find some threads on configuration in the forums but have a read of the Documentation first and then post your questions.
    I know that I have to learn a lot but I've read this documents and I found there only information about distributing single services among different servers. Is there something about redundant or load-balanced mta ??

Pozdrawiam
    Mroofka

Thread Information