After initial hurdles I had and going through and readings heaps of different posts to his LDAP issues, I finally got my installation to work.

It was the good ole /etc/hosts file that did it .. plus a couple of slight tweaks on DynDNS.

I had everything up and working, I was able to login to the admin console, created a couple of users, tested my emails from other hosts for both send and receive. Worked a charm!

Anyways, I wanted to install a new hard drive into my Debian server so I took it offline, gave it a good cleaning (was up for 260 days so was pretty dusty) and powered it back up.

Zimbra wouldnt start! Good ole LDAP and the following dreaded lines that i've so commonly seen in so many posts now.

Host localhost
Unable to determine enabled services from ldap.
Unable to determine enabled services. Cache is out of date or doesn't exist.

Anyways, I took to Google as I was struggling to find any luck in the numerous posts, because eveyone was having issues with installation and getting it up and working for the first time. Mine was post installation. It was already working. The main harddrive wasnt changed so no settings should have been revoked.

I came across a post on Linux Questions that had a similar problem. The reply to the question was:

Please check ur resolv.conf and host file. If still problem persist please stop the zimbra service by zmcontrol stop (as zimbra user)
As a root user:
1) chown -R zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra
2) /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms -verbose

Then
1) su zimbra
2) zmcontrol start

This is what it looked like as it was running (fyi, i've got custom prompts on):
tr0n(/opt/zimbra)# chown -R zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra
tr0n(/opt/zimbra)# /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms -verbose
Fixing ownership and permissions on /opt/zimbra/conf
Fixing permissions on /opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin

tr0n(/opt/zimbra)# su zimbra
zimbra@tr0n:~$ zmcontrol start
Host hidden.host
Starting logger...Done.
Starting mailbox...Done.
Starting antispam...Done.
Starting antivirus...Done.
Starting snmp...Done.
Starting spell...Done.
Starting mta...Done.
Starting stats...Done.
zimbra@tr0n:~$ zmcontrol status
Host hidden.host
antispam Running
antivirus Running
ldap Running
logger Running
mailbox Running
mta Stopped
postfix is not running
snmp Running
spell Running
stats Running
zimbra@tr0n:~$

Fixed my problem!

Anyways, just thought i'd share coz i'm sure there are others out there having similar issues and cant figure it out.

Thanks