Install ZCS 6.0.x SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 64bit x86 on OpenSUSE 11.2
Document revised from bigmudcake document. Installing ZCS 5.0.x on openSUSE 10.3 a complete guide.
Note: I am still working on getting the status on the admin page to display correct information. Logs are not displaying any graphs
1. Make sure the following packages are installed including associated dependencies otherwise the install will probably fail.
(Note: no need to install compat-openssl097g)
sysstat, fetchmail syslog-ng, syslogd and GMP
2. Go to Software.openSUSE.org and search for gmp under the listed os OpenSUSE 11.1 look for x86_64 gmp-4.2.3-10.3.x86_64.rpm and install using the 1 Click install downgrade any other versions on OpenSUSE 11.2
ITS REALLY IMPORTANT ALL PACKAGES MENTIONED ARE INSTALLED
3. Run the following commands as root
cp /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5
4. Remove any packages you do not need to run on your server, this makes your server simpler, faster and less likely to conflict with Zimbra.
Unless your a Linux Expert, remove AppArmor, Apache, MySQL, OpenLDAP, Amavis, Spamassassin, but make sure Postfix is installed.
5. Make sure your DNS server is setup correctly with the hostname having A and MX records.
Also check the /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/host.conf, and /etc/nsswitch.conf files to make sure your DNS server is being accessed correctly.
6. Make sure the hostname you wish to use is located in /etc/hosts file as a Fully Qualified Name (FQN).
ex.: edit /etc/hosts file and make sure you have following
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
10.1.1.3 mail2.server.com mail2
7. Download the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 64bit x86 Zimbra package and unpack using tar xzvf zimbra_package.tgz
8. Turn off any conflicting services you may be running.
i.e. for Postfix use the following commands:
service postfix stop
chkconfig postfix off
It is recommended you turn off AppArmor and Firewall unless your a Linux expert.
9. Start the installation process for Zimbra by running the following command from the zcs folder.
10. When the installation process stops at "This platform is UNKNOWN, Install anyway? [N]," press Y and Enter to continue.
11. When the installation install zimbra-core open YAST2 Go to Users and Groups Administrator open zimbra user and un check disable user login.
Note if password fail at anytime in the installation. Re run the installation.
12. Run the following commands to restart the zimbra server so post-installation changes can take effect.
su - zimbra
If anyone can help resolve getting the status on the admin page to display correct information. Logs displaying on graph