Thread: Help, All services up but nothing working

kcook is offline Junior Member

Default Help, All services up but nothing working

We currently have (had) a working Zimbra 6 server. Re3cently our drive ran out of space. After correcting that problem and restarting Zimbra nothing works. All services show that they are running but no mail is being delivered, none of the web interfaces are working, and we are unable to connected via IMAP or POP3. I've checked everything I know to check and all seems OK. Any ideas? I'm desperate to get this working by tomorrow morning!

dalmate is offline Elite Member

have you try to check your server?( ubuntu server)
    Sometime it's your server, not zimbra, such as:
    Can you login your server?(remote/local)
    Your server still work?
    How mach ram, cpu is used?
    In my server, sometime I can ping to my server but can't telnet because my server died

dalmate, thanks for the response.

Everything on the server was up including Zimbra (according to zmcontrol status). I've been working with the support group for sometime now. They've got me back online but we are still not 100% sure exactly what happened. Hopefully I'll have more info to post soon.

I would like to say that the tech I've been working with (not sure if he would want me to post his name) has been great. He was very diligent in trying to get the problem resolved and was very knowledgeable in all things Zimbra. Glad we made the switch from the OSS version to the Network Edition.

dalmate is offline Elite Member

I think, to help him, you need to see your mailbox.log in /opt/zimbra/log
    In that file, there are a lot of informations, maybe you can check if your server has got errors in that

Happened again today and once again the tech was Johnny On The Spot. All Zimbra services reported as running but nothing worked. It appears that the root cause of my problem(s) was that another instance of MySQL and Apache (not the ones loaded by Zimbra) were running on the server (started by the boot process). Killing those processes and restarting Zimbra fixed it. Not exactly sure why this causes a problem with Zimbra but I thought I would post in case anyone else has the same issue or are considering running other Apache/MySQL services on their email server.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kcook View Post
    Happened again today and once again the tech was Johnny On The Spot. All Zimbra services reported as running but nothing worked. It appears that the root cause of my problem(s) was that another instance of MySQL and Apache (not the ones loaded by Zimbra) were running on the server (started by the boot process). Killing those processes and restarting Zimbra fixed it. Not exactly sure why this causes a problem with Zimbra but I thought I would post in case anyone else has the same issue or are considering running other Apache/MySQL services on their email server.
    It's Apache that causes the problem not MySQL. The Zimbra instance of MySQL uses a non-standard port and has no conflict with any other instance on your server but Zimbra listens on ports 80 & and 143 for the web ui so Apache starting will cause a problem.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information