Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 139

Thread: ZCS 6.0.1 ported to FreeBSD7

  1. #91
    andros is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solko View Post
    clean FreeBSD 8.1 install.
    i have followed my howto. everything compiled flawlessly. hopefully, others will share my experience .

    GNR-608 FreeBSD 8.1 packages
    Thanx again for your great job!
    Upgraded from 6.0.6 with no problems so far.

  2. #92
    Delekhan is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I also upgraded from 6.0.6 without any major problems. Keep up the good work and thanks again!

    Here are my little tricks to get Zimbra working in a jail with an additional 127.0.0.2 loopback.

    First change all config files from 127.0.0.1 to .2 in /opt/zimbra/conf:
    Code:
    for i in */*; do perl -p -i -e "s/127.0.0.1/127.0.0.2/" $i; done;
    for i in *; do perl -p -i -e "s/127.0.0.1/127.0.0.2/" $i; done;
    After that I had problems with amavis not accepting a connection from the loopback. I had to add the following in amavisd.conf.in

    Code:
    $inet_socket_bind = '127.0.0.2';  # limit socket bind to loopback interface
                                      # (default is '127.0.0.1')
    @inet_acl = qw( 127.0.0.2 );      # allow SMTP access only from localhost IP
                                      # (default is qw( 127.0.0.1 ) )
    Also make sure the content filter in the master.cf file is edited to 127.0.0.2.
    --Markus

  3. #93
    Jester is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Hi again, solko.

    I'm building GNR-606 on FreeBSD 8.1/i386. Following step-by-step on your manual at Building GNR on FreeBSD 8 - Zimbra :: Wiki. Everything was going on flawlessly until I stuck on error while running buildzcs script:

    Code:
    ummcan-srv# ./buildZCS.sh -t
    Checking for prerequisite binaries
      Checking ant
      Checking java
    Checking for required JDK tarball
    Error: jdk file needed for ZCS packaging not available
    Necessary version is: 1.6.0_07
    1.6.0_07
    Please create /home/zimbra-src/zcs/GNR-606/ZimbraBuild/../ThirdPartyBuilds/FreeBSD_i386/java/diablo-jdk1.6.0_07
    1.6.0_07.tgz
    Which is an extracted then retarred version of diablo JDK 1.6
    For more information see /usr/ports/java/diablo-jdk16
    ummcan-srv#
    I don't understanf quite good what system wants. jdk tarball? Maybe it is corrupted?

    Please help

  4. #94
    solko is offline OpenSource Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Hi again, solko.

    I'm building GNR-606 on FreeBSD 8.1/i386. Following step-by-step on your manual at Building GNR on FreeBSD 8 - Zimbra :: Wiki. Everything was going on flawlessly until I stuck on error while running buildzcs script:

    Code:
    ummcan-srv# ./buildZCS.sh -t
    Checking for prerequisite binaries
      Checking ant
      Checking java
    Checking for required JDK tarball
    Error: jdk file needed for ZCS packaging not available
    Necessary version is: 1.6.0_07
    1.6.0_07
    Please create /home/zimbra-src/zcs/GNR-606/ZimbraBuild/../ThirdPartyBuilds/FreeBSD_i386/java/diablo-jdk1.6.0_07
    1.6.0_07.tgz
    Which is an extracted then retarred version of diablo JDK 1.6
    For more information see /usr/ports/java/diablo-jdk16
    ummcan-srv#
    I don't understanf quite good what system wants. jdk tarball? Maybe it is corrupted?

    Please help
    luckily, that's super simple.
    zimbra needs java to run so zimbra packs its own jdk.. to run. wiki/howto covers this topic!
    ---
    Putting diablo-jdk16 into ThirdPartyBuilds

    Zimbra requires you to supply jdk16 so we are happy to oblige by using installed version of diablo-jdk16:

    mkdir -p ThirdPartyBuilds/FreeBSD_amd64/java && cd ThirdPartyBuilds/FreeBSD_amd64/java && \
    cp -pr /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.6.0 diablo-jdk1.6.0_07 &&\
    tar zcf diablo-jdk1.6.0_07.tgz diablo-jdk1.6.0_07 && \
    rm -rf diablo-jdk1.6.0_07 && cd ../../../

    The destination tarball version must match with ZimbraBuild/defs/ThirdParty/FreeBSD_amd64.def!
    ---
    (so basically cd to $ZIMBRA_SRC_DIRECTORY, copy&paste above should do the trick)

    i am available on skype/icq should you need anything.

  5. #95
    Jester is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solko View Post
    luckily, that's super simple.
    zimbra needs java to run so zimbra packs its own jdk.. to run. wiki/howto covers this topic!
    ---
    Putting diablo-jdk16 into ThirdPartyBuilds

    Zimbra requires you to supply jdk16 so we are happy to oblige by using installed version of diablo-jdk16:

    mkdir -p ThirdPartyBuilds/FreeBSD_amd64/java && cd ThirdPartyBuilds/FreeBSD_amd64/java && \
    cp -pr /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.6.0 diablo-jdk1.6.0_07 &&\
    tar zcf diablo-jdk1.6.0_07.tgz diablo-jdk1.6.0_07 && \
    rm -rf diablo-jdk1.6.0_07 && cd ../../../

    The destination tarball version must match with ZimbraBuild/defs/ThirdParty/FreeBSD_amd64.def!
    ---
    (so basically cd to $ZIMBRA_SRC_DIRECTORY, copy&paste above should do the trick)

    i am available on skype/icq should you need anything.
    Thanks. I did those steps above and still get the error.

    I will try to workaround this problem myself and ask more questions if nothing helps.

    Thanks again

  6. #96
    solko is offline OpenSource Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Thanks. I did those steps above and still get the error.

    I will try to workaround this problem myself and ask more questions if nothing helps.

    Thanks again
    well, the quickest solution (like always) is to provide me with credentials so that i can have a look .
    let me know if you need anything. the build process is tested.. but maybe your jdk version is different, no idea! howto is ooold, hehe.

  7. #97
    Jester is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by solko View Post
    well, the quickest solution (like always) is to provide me with credentials so that i can have a look .
    let me know if you need anything. the build process is tested.. but maybe your jdk version is different, no idea! howto is ooold, hehe.
    Well, I still can't figure what's up there. Untared java tgz manually and get version difference info from script.

    Solko, please give your skype in PM so I can give you credentials on my server

  8. #98
    fricardo is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    4

    Thumbs up Great work! Thanks!

    Solko,

    I would like to thank you for your great work! Following the instructions in the wiki, Id builded and installed successfully in a VM (using ESXi 4.1) a Zimbra 6.0.8 host using FreeBSD 8.1 AMD64.

    The server is now in production with about 1000 mailboxes.

    Ive seen in pm.zimbra.com that CentOS will have an official binary version soon. And FreeBSD? We were forgotten again

    Solko, I say this not for his work was not good. It is the opposite. An official version for FreeBSD would be a recognition of his excellent work.

    Thanks Again,

    Francisco Ricardo
    Natal, Brazil

  9. #99
    solko is offline OpenSource Builder
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fricardo View Post
    Solko,

    I would like to thank you for your great work! Following the instructions in the wiki, Id builded and installed successfully in a VM (using ESXi 4.1) a Zimbra 6.0.8 host using FreeBSD 8.1 AMD64.

    The server is now in production with about 1000 mailboxes.

    Ive seen in pm.zimbra.com that CentOS will have an official binary version soon. And FreeBSD? We were forgotten again

    Solko, I say this not for his work was not good. It is the opposite. An official version for FreeBSD would be a recognition of his excellent work.

    Thanks Again,

    Francisco Ricardo
    Natal, Brazil
    yay! now spread the word and /shoo linux off, hehe.

    let's see what new year will bring us!

  10. #100
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,586
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fricardo View Post
    Ive seen in pm.zimbra.com that CentOS will have an official binary version soon.
    I think you've misunderstood the RFE in the Product Portal. It is an RFE with a lot of votes but it's status is "Not Commited" which means that there's no current commitment to provide support (or a binary release) of Zimbra for that platform.

    Quote Originally Posted by fricardo View Post
    And FreeBSD? We were forgotten again
    Probably because nobody has filed an RFE for it (but my guess would be that it's not very likely to get a binary version released).
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] Rebuild logger database (ZCS 6.0.1 NE)
    By inigoml in forum Administrators
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 04:30 PM
  2. Trouble Sending mail - All Messages deferred!
    By SiteDiscovery in forum Administrators
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 04:52 AM
  3. Mail is being queued, not delivered!
    By icepick94 in forum Administrators
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 07:03 AM
  4. ZCS 3.2 Beta Available
    By KevinH in forum Announcements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 03:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •