Thread: Upgrading 6.0 GA and Vserver

Samp is offline Advanced Member

Default Upgrading 6.0 GA and Vserver

Hi,

I upgraded from the 6.0rc1 to 6.0.0 GA (my frst upgrade) all it's Ok !

But I created a new Vserver to keep a 5.0.18 and install the 6.0.0 on the new one but I think it's a ports conflict but I can't find which one, I configure postfix and apache to bind on address : port, I created a lo interface on each Vserver, I can't run the two Zimbra server.

Perhaps an help ?

Sam.
    Last edited by Samp; 09-03-2009 at 03:30 PM.

VS_onD is offline Intermediate Member

Do you have 2 (public) IPs, one on each guest OS? Have you changed the guest capabilities, by any chance? What are the errors you get? This has nothing to do with zimbra, by the way. You have probably configured your box wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by VS_onD View Post
    Do you have 2 (public) IPs, one on each guest OS? Have you changed the guest capabilities, by any chance? What are the errors you get? This has nothing to do with zimbra, by the way. You have probably configured your box wrong.
    Yes, each gest have is own public address and his own lo interface but Vserver is à light virtualization system look the overview here and our hosting platform route all the extra IPs on the same vserver's host machine interface (eth0). Each virtual server see the ports traffic on the main interface/address and for each guest I have to bind the applications (postfix, apache, ssh, etc) on his own IP address, otherwise we got port conflict errors.

As I said I binded, for each Zimbra vserver postfix, apache, on their own address, ldap as I sow on config files is binded on the hostname.

My question is what is the others applications Zimbra bind only on port, except on localhost (127.0.0.1) ?

Thanks for your help.

Sam.

VS_onD is offline Intermediate Member

I am very familiar with vserver since I use it since 2001-2 :-)

I am sure you are doing something wrong in your setup because you don't need to do what you are describing. Either you have some strange setup or something. I don't know and I can't help more.

If you are running things on the host, this is not recommended in any case. If not, there are no port conflicts. Plain and simple :-)

On the host vserver I have postfix-mailscanner-courier-imap/pop running,

I have a guest running an hold knuppix testing.
    I have a guest running just Zimbra 5.0.18
    I have a guest running just Zimbra 6.0.0

Zimbra 5 run perfectly alone
    Zimbra 6 run perfectly alone

Zimbra 5 and Zimbra 6 together NOT !

Sam.

Thread Information