Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Error 404

Xaneth is offline Active Member

Default [SOLVED] Error 404

I've searched the forum, but I'm not finding what I'm looking for. When I try to go to https://mail.mydomain.com:7071/zimbraAdmin, I am getting:

HTTP ERROR: 404

The page you were trying to access does not exist.

This is from the outside. On the internal LAN the admin site works fine. I'd like to administer on the road. We are running:

CentOS 5.3
    Zimbra 5.0.18

Firewall is turned off. On our company firewall, I've got rules for TCP and UDP port 7071 NAT to our Zimbra server, as well as port 443.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

If you've got the port forwarded through your NAT router (and your external DNS points to the correct Public IP) are you absolutely sure it's pointing to the correct IP address? From the outside can you do this:

Code:
    telnet mail.mydomain.com 7071
    and if so, what's the response? Are you sure all the Zimbra services are running?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Yep, able to connect when I telnet to my mail server by name over port 7071. All services running properly because I can connect to zimbraAdmin locally. All mail flowing, etc.

Is this likely to be your firewall causing the problem? Can you send me your domain name so I can try the connection?
    Regards

Bill

When I VPN into my network at the office, I try pulling up the site by IP instead at https://192.168.1.105:7071/zimbraAdmin and it prompts for the certificate as it should, but still ultimately, gives me the error 404 as well. Are there settings for administration to only allow local admin by subnet or IP address?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaneth View Post
    Are there settings for administration to only allow local admin by subnet or IP address?
    No, there's no restriction on where the Admin (nor anyone else) can login from. I'd guess it's a firewall, filter or proxy problem - if you can get to it on the LAN there's no reason why it shouldn't be available externally.
    Regards

Bill

It just doesn't make sense that I can telnet to port 7071 fine, but can't pull the page up. 7071 is open on the corporate firewall, and there is no firewall on the mail server (disabled). My firewall here at the house allows all outbound traffic and my workstation has its firewall disabled.

Well, the difference between the telnet and the browser is that one doesn't download any code and the other (browser) does. Could you give me your domain name to test this, as I mentioned earlier?
    Regards

Bill

Bill Brock is offline Outstanding Member

Default Works for me.

My setup is as such. I have a VPN client that automatically makes a connection to a VPN router when I access any IP's on my corporate network. I am able to access https://192.168.x.x:7071 with success. I use a Netgear VPN router with the provided VPN client. Are you establishing your tunnel with client to server(router) or server to server? Is your home subnet the same as your office subnet? My two subnets are different which requires a static route(to my IP subnet) either on the ZCS server or its default gateway back to the VPN server.
    When both subnets were the same things were flaky at best.

My workstation is Fedora 11 with the latest Firefox. I'm establishing a VPN tunnel using pptpconfig to my Watchguard X1000 firewall at the office. Different subnets between home and work. Work is 172.16.1.0/24 and home is 192.16.1.0/24.

I just connected to one of the servers at my datacenter to run the test and I was able to bring up the admin page. The datacenter has a Cisco 515 PIX --> Cisco ASA VPN in place, and we use routes in our Cisco Catalyst for traffic to the DC. I also set up DNS forwarding for our corporate domain to the DC, so machines in the DC can resolve by hostname. The exception I made was the mail server, because using the local IP address, was causing problems with mail delivery from the DC to our domain, so it is resolving email.vidiator.com over the external IP address, and all is working. Looks like it is something with my home, Linksys router. Or possibly a static route that needs to exist as you mentioned? The DC's subnet is 172.16.11.0/24.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information