Thread: Problems building perdition on Solaris10 x86

ptoshack is offline New Member

Default Problems building perdition on Solaris10 x86

Hi,

I am currently following the process to build Zimbra from CVS and have had success for all except Perdition. The problem seems to be a reference to 'mkdtemp'. If anyone can suggest a workaround to get things moving I would greatly appreciate it.

Build tools are all current blastwave gnu tools (gcc, ld, automake, autoconf, gmake)

The error message:

/home/paul/Zimbra_CVS/main/ThirdParty/perdition/perdition-1.17/perdition/db/daemon

make

/bin/bash ../../../libtool --mode=link gcc -I/opt/zimbra/perdition-1.17/include -I/opt/zimbra/sleepycat/include -L/opt/zimbra/openldap/lib -L/opt/zimbra/lib -L/opt/zimbra/perdition-1.17/lib -L/opt/zimbra/sleepycat/lib -lpthread -o client client.o unix_socket.o -lsocket -lvanessa_logger -L. -lperditiondb_daemon_packet
    gcc -I/opt/zimbra/perdition-1.17/include -I/opt/zimbra/sleepycat/include -o client client.o unix_socket.o -L/opt/zimbra/openldap/lib -L/opt/zimbra/lib -L/opt/zimbra/perdition-1.17/lib -L/opt/zimbra/sleepycat/lib -lpthread -lsocket /opt/zimbra/perdition-1.17/lib/libvanessa_logger -L/home/paul/Zimbra_CVS/main/ThirdParty/perdition/perdition-1.17/perdition/db/daemon -lperditiondb_daemon_packet -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/zimbra/perdition-1.17/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/opt/zimbra/perdition-1.17/lib
    client.o: In function `main':
    client.c: (.text+0x2e1): undefined reference to `mkdtemp'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [client] Error 1

Default Problem resolved :)

The solution was to edit client.c perditiondb_daemon.c and replace references to mkdtemp with mktemp.

Life is good

KevinH is offline Expert Member

ptoshack - Nice to see your making progress on a Solaris port. Would love to see you post a how-to or the diff back to us so we can incorporate it in a future release.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Default re: Problems building perdition on Solaris10 x86

Hi Kevin.

Once I get things up and running I would definitely like to do a post-back with a Solaris10-X86 howto documenting my experiences. Until then, please bear with me and, the many more questions that are likely to follow

Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Paul
    Last edited by ptoshack; 05-31-2006 at 04:17 PM.

Thread Information