Thread: ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.Commu

ahabdulle is offline Starter Member

Unhappy ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.Commu

Hallo,

I am new to linux. I am trying to install zimbra on fedora 7. i saved the file to my desktop and run the install.sh file. everythin was ok and it started instaling all of zimbra packages.

but toward the end it gets stuck and gives me this error message.

Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.08102009-184421.log
    ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
    ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
    Setting defaults...ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: ZimbraLdapContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)
    done.
    Upgrading from to 5.0.18_GA_3011
    Stopping zimbra services
    Stop failed - exiting
    UPGRADE FAILED - exiting

i am doing a fesh installation.
    Well my localhost is running at the moment so i want to first test the Zimbra in my LAN first before setting it up a server to receive mails from outside.

please help. i have tried to look for a step by step installation guide and the best that i cud follow eneded up with this errors.

please help!!!!!!!!!!
    something to do with ldap??

basically my server computer has an i.p adress 192.168.1.130 i am connected to office network. the office has a static ip adress.

please advice on necessary setups. i have not much experience in this.

i would like to know also how do you login to the Zimbra config menu after installing?

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

I'd suggest you remove the current installation with the following command:
    Code:
    ./install.sh -u
    That will remove everything from the system (according to your output above the install has been run multiple times, not a good idea).

When you've done that I'd suggest your read the Quick Start Installation Guide and make sure your /etc/hosts file is set correctly. After that, make sure you have valid DNS A & MX records set by following the Split DNS set-up. You should also search the forums for details on how to check the configuration is correct (this has been covered and answered many times), if everything is OK then try the install again. If you still have problem then post some details of what you've done and the required information from your DNS records and hosts file and any errors in the install log or the Zimbra log files.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Latifa is offline Starter Member

I have the same problem if you have solve this probleme please send me the sollution

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Latifa View Post
    I have the same problem if you have solve this probleme please send me the sollution
    Instead of adding a 'me too' post to an old thread - your not likely to get much of an answer as the original poster only posted that one message and never replied. Did you also read my reply to the original post and follow the instructions in there?

How about describing your exact problem and when it happens, include exact steps to reproduce the problem.

You should also update your forum profile with the output of the following command (do not post the output in this thread):

Code:
    zmcontrol -v
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information