Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Initial Config and IE 7 Beta 2

webguyinternet is offline Active Member

Question Initial Config and IE 7 Beta 2

Interested in your product so I downloaded your open source version for initial testing. Download and initial installation went like a breeze and no problems... VERY NICE installation application. Recieved no errors. Then when I load my admin address ( https://---.---.com:7071/zimbraAdmin/ ) in the browser I get the certificate notification so I know that the server is responding. (Note the dashes are for my systems security) But then after I click to accept it I get a blank page with javascript errors:

Line: 2416
    Char: 722
    Error: Exception thrown and not caught
    Code: 0
    URL: etc., etc.

Client Running on Windows XP SP2 with all current updates. Server Running on Cent OS 4.2.

Ok... Maybe it is just the Beta 2 of IE7 that is the problem. I opened up Firefox 1.5.0.3 and tried the same address and got the exact same thing but with NO javascript errors... just a blank (grey) screen. I emptied caches, droped security levels all the way down on both browsers and I always get the same results. What am I doing wrong?

Update: Actually I was wrong, firefox is displaying errors, I just needed to open the Javascript console. Here is a few of them... I won't post them all because there are many:

Error: Unknown property 'Xtext-decoration'. Declaration dropped.
    Source File: https://---.---.com:7071/zimbraAdmin...v=060505121724
    Line: 109

Error: Unknown property 'Xborder'. Declaration dropped.
    Line: 124

Line: 136

Line: 148

etc, etc.
    Last edited by webguyinternet; 05-27-2006 at 10:08 PM.

KevinH is offline Expert Member

IE 7 is still in beta and not supported. Things worked ok with beta 1 but something changed/broke with beta 2. If you can email Microsoft and tell them that beta 2 doesn't work with Zimbra that may help.

Seriously for now just use IE 6 or Firefox. We'll have full IE7 support when it gets closer to release and for sure when it is GA. The errors you posted from Firefox are all CSS warnings. It's just the way that Firefox 1.5.x displays them. If you scroll to the end of the list do you see any JavaScript errors? ie a file with a .js or .js.zgz extension?

If you just go to the user interface: http://SERVER do you get the end-user login?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Thank you for the quick reply. As far as the Beta I totally understand... sounds like a fun debug job.

Firefox: Here is the second to last entry in the console:

Error: mismatched tag. Expected: .
    Source File: https://---.---.com:7071/zimbraAdmin/
    Line: 1, Column: 1001
    Source Code:
    Code:
    Apache Tomcat/5.5.15 - Error report 

HTTP Status 404 - /service/admin/soap/

type Status report

message /service/admin/soap/

description The requested resource (/service/admin/soap/) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.5.15

And the last entry is:

Error: uncaught exception: AjxException

--------------------------

Other followups:

1. Yes. If I load the mainpage on the site (port 80) I get a full login screen but I try to login to the system with the admin user I get the following error:

An unknown application error has occurred. Please correct any errors and retry. If the problem persists, please contact your System Aministrator. (INVALID_PDU)

2. On a different computer (Win XP SP2; IE 6) I get a simillar white screen. I'm thinking more and more like it is a system problem although all of the servers in the suite are running and the system has already been rebooted. Send me an email and I can let you know the public server address for you to try out to see if you get the same errors.

Thank you!
    Last edited by KevinH; 05-29-2006 at 09:24 AM.

KevinH is offline Expert Member

The key is "HTTP Status 404 - /service/admin/soap/" doesn't look like Zimbra is installed right. Did you install from a binary release or try to build your own?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Binary RPM version (RHE 4.0). I'll try to remove then reinstall it tomorrow to see if I get any new outcome.

Ok... I've reinstalled it and noticed that several services are not running even though it says that they were started by "zmcontrol". Here is my output:

antispam Stopped
    zmamavisdctl is not running
    antivirus Stopped
    zmamavisdctl is not running
    ldap Running
    logger Stopped
    logmysql.server is not running
    zmlogswatchctl is not running
    mailbox Stopped
    mysql.server is not running
    mta Running
    snmp Stopped
    swatch is not running
    spell Running

Specifically the error for mysql from the "mysql.log" file is this:

060530 00:00:18 mysqld started
    060530 0:00:19 [ERROR] Can't start server: cannot resolve hostname!: Success
    060530 00:00:19 mysqld ended

Which doesn't make sense because the box itself is publically addressed and is fully available as a valid forward and reverse (and MX) DNS records. Could something be stuck in some config file that needs to be changed?

I also checked the install log in the TMP directory and I found this several times:

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/opt/zimbra/db/mysql.sock' (2)

I'm quessing this is because mysql did not start up so the socket is not there.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You might want to check your DNS again, if you go to this page and enter your domain name then an MX record error shows up (perhaps that's the problem?).
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks for the link... cool site. It came up with no errors, only a few heads-up suggestions for other servers on the domain. So I don't think there is a DNS issue.

Update: I did do some digging and found that the MySQL is bound to "localhost" but my hosts file does not have a localhost entry so Mysql could never startup. I have removed Zimbra and am now reinstalling it to see if that is what the problem is.
    Last edited by webguyinternet; 05-30-2006 at 09:02 AM.

Looks like that was the issue. I will make a suggestion to the developers to add a "localhost" check in the installation script (or change the bind address to 127.0.0.1). I can now login with Firefox correctly. IE7 Beta 2 is still broken and just dispays a Javascript error.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Glad you've sorted it. The install of Zimbra does have a 'localhost' requirement for the hosts file, it's mentioned in the quick start guide.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information