I'd like to understand some points as well as explanation for MTA-IN and MTA-OUT
-First of all i'm running Release 5.0.18_GA_3011.RHEL5_20090707151729 RHEL5 NETWORK edition
- - installed DNS Bind on Standalone server
- - LDAP and SNMP on server
- - Mailstore with apache and archiving on Server
- -Porxy and SNMP on server
- -MTA and SNMP on server "it should act as MTA for only incoming mails"
- -MTA and SNMP on server "it should act as MTA for Outgoing mails"
I have configured correctly the Mailstore and Proxy and they working smoothly fine
i can browse the mails using Proxy IP and Mailstore direct for Administration console
Now my questions are:
- - in order that i'm using Zimbra-Proxy i'll need to enable "This server is a reverse proxy lookup target" in MTA-IN and MTA-OUT?
- -How i can customize MTA-IN to do only the functionality of incoming mail server ? & How i can customize MTA-OUT to do the functionality of outgoing mail server only?
P.S: even if i'm sending internal Mails
in the meantime the status is ..while i'm sending mail between internal accounts and MTA-IN is down.mails sent successfully which means MTA-OUT doing both functions
Also Question related to Certificates: Deployment of Certificates per Server or Domain? and it can be only one for all servers?
Thanks in advance.