Thread: Zimbra Corrupt After Changing Server Name

rsw686 is offline Active Member

Default Zimbra Corrupt After Changing Server Name

I am running Zimbra 5.0.18 on CentOS 5.3. I stopped Zimbra changed the server name with ZmSetServerName and in /etc/hosts. ZmSetServerName failed with a number of errors and now my install is corrupt. Not thinking I tried to do a reinstall of 5.0.18 ontop which I think screwed it up more. At this point I think the ldap configuration is hosed.

Anyway I have a 6 day old backup of just the exported mailboxes using the zmmailbox getRestURL command. The current store, index, and db folders are intact. What is my best method to recover?

Can I install Zimbra clean, recreate the accounts and then somehow link the current store, index, and db folders?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Shutdown Zimbra then check if there's any processes still running and kill them if there is, when you've done that start Zimbra and see what errors you get in the log files and post details here.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thanks for the response. I would post the logs but I made such a mess out of the entire config with the reinstall that I'm not going to be able to save it. I've got a backup of db, store, index and dumps of the mboxgroup tables, the zimbra.mailbox table and a clean install of Zimbra on ESXi. I've spent a bunch of time trying to figure this out and think I might have a tedious solution. Luckily I only have 30 accounts to do. Only a few I need the recent mail on so the 6 day old backups should be fine for the rest.

What I've determined is that I can create the accounts in the same order as zimbra.mailbox shows for the account id. Then I was able to import the mboxgroup table and copy back the store and index folders. This allows for the mail to show in the webgui, but some things are messed up. I'm going to try and export the new messages from the last 6 days with Outlook Express. Then I can revert back to a clean install snapshot and just restore with zmmailbox and postRestURL and copy back the last 6 days again.

I'll keep you posted. If you have any other thoughts that would be great.

I've got it all back up and running. I ended up just using zmmailbox postRestURL for the majority of it. I mapped the number store folders to the accounts, changed the files from .msg to .eml and dropped them into the accounts I setup in Outlook Express. This looses the reply status, but it was only the last 6 days I needed so that was the easiest.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Glad you've managed to get it all back up and running.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information