Thread: [SOLVED] Unable to log in to Admin UI since upgrade

ssatre is offline Active Member

Default [SOLVED] Unable to log in to Admin UI since upgrade

Hey all. Trying to pinpoint an issue that some of my domain admins seem to be having since we upgraded from 5.0.16 to 5.0.18 (RHEL 5) last week.

Yesterday I had a domain admin contact me and describe that the admin console login seems to get stuck on the "Loading..." screen. Today I had another domain admin call me with the same issue. I'm digging for more info (from all my domain admins) but right now the two having problems seem to be using Firefox (waiting for confirmation of version info); I have a feeling that one is on a Mac and one is on a PC. I'm on Mac OS 10.5.7 and Firefox 3.0.11, and as a global admin have not seen this problem.

I'm wondering if it's a browser cache issue (I have my Firefox set to clear the cache automatically at close), or perhaps a java issue. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

dwmtractor is offline Moderator

I did have a similar issue once with a browser cache that wouldn't flush without some serious beating. I have also seen situations where a changed security certificate causes this sort of thing, however that is unlikely since it's working for you on some machines and not others. But just as a shot in the dark, if flushing the browser cache doesn't work, you might try deleting and re-adding the certificate too.
    Cheers,

Dan

The more and more I dig into this, the more and more convinced I am getting that it is either a java version issue or a firewall issue and completely unrelated to the upgrade!

The two commonalities I am finding are that all my domain admins that are having problems are running java ver 1.5.0_19, and are behind Lightspeed web filter units. I hadn't updated my java yet and am still on 1.5.0_16 and I have no problems, as is my supervisor; however, we do not have a Lightspeed unit between us and the server either.

I'm still waiting for a couple of techs to get their info to me. Hopefully that will help rule out one of the two variables. I can also log in via WinXP SP3 w/java ver 1.6.0_13. One of the techs having troubles has tried it from a PC in her district with no success, so I'm still back to thinking it's a) an Apple java update issue and/or b) something on the firewalls/Lightspeeds.

Cover me, I'm going in and updating my java to 1.5.0_19... at least I know I can log in via our XP netbook, LOL!
    Last edited by ssatre; 07-16-2009 at 10:27 AM.

Update:

Upgraded java to 1.5.0_19- I get in fine.

Upgraded FF to 3.5- I get in fine.

I have no aliases/DNS entried for the admin console: everyone (including myself) is logging in to https://zimbra.domain:7071.

My one tech is adamant that she is physically bypassing her Lightspeed box. She was able to grab an error for me:

Error: uncaught exception: ZmCsfeException

Error: YAHOO is not defined
    Source File: https://10.0.24.181:7071/zimbraAdmin/
    Line: 54
    Not having much luck finding a solution searching the forums... I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and see if reissuing the certificate does anything. Can't hurt, right?
    Last edited by ssatre; 07-16-2009 at 11:32 AM.

raj
    raj is offline Moderator

i will assume that on admin logon page you are trying:
    user name = admin
    password = *******

and you get "loading..."

try
    user name = admin@your.primary.domain.com
    password = *******

it may work for you. i have see this before and doing the FULL admin username worked for me..no harm in trying

Raj
    i2k2 Networks
    Dedicated & Shared Zimbra Hosting Provider

Raj- you are correct, it gets stuck on the "Loading..." page. Yup, we've tried using the full email domains to log in- no go.

I have submitted a ticket to support. It's vexing and confusing but not critical, and at this point I have no idea what caused it to go belly-up. Other than the domain admins not being able to log in, the server seems to be running well. I'm going to run up there later this afternoon and do some more snooping...

adrianali@fortix.com.ar is offline Starter Member

hi, I had the same problem and update in firefox 3.0.5 and firefox 3.5 fix. before with firefox 3.0.5 went well, not because it is damaged.

Update:

Reissued the security certificate (figured it couldn't hurt) and rebooted. Don't know why, but it seems to be working now for everyone. *makes face*

dwmtractor is offline Moderator

Actually that doesn't surprise me, because some browsers get crazy when they see certain types of discrepancies in certs, and rather than tell you anything useful they just sit there and grumble. If you had gone into the affected browsers and deleted the cert. information in their certification stores, you might have accomplished the same end.

In any case, glad it's working!
    Cheers,

Dan

raj
    raj is offline Moderator

oh well..certs have issues.
    i am going to report a bug..unless its already there.

i have installs over a year or 2 now and i get cert expired error.
    i go in and renew the certs in admin BUT the CA cert is never updated so now i have Expired CA cert and Good Server cents.. and its same for so many servers.
    i have to go and RE-DO the whole cert chain by deleteing everyhing including CA cert.

anyone seen this ?

Raj
    i2k2 Networks
    Dedicated & Shared Zimbra Hosting Provider

Thread Information