Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Moving Zimbra

  1. #11
    dpoynter01 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I believe so... lol ... i'm not linux user friendly but from what i gathered when I opened up a terminal window and typed in "su" then the password I was "root" i even actually logged into ubuntu under ROOT just to see if I could get anywhere.

  2. #12
    uxbod's Avatar
    uxbod is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,017
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Okay, so as root run the command again and copy and paste what actually happens; and then ls -l /opt so we can check.

  3. #13
    dpoynter01 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Ok, I am out of the office until 730pm so i'll give it a try then and repost. Thanks for the help.

  4. #14
    dpoynter01 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I did not get a chance to get into the office yesterday with my schedule... I will get it done around 3pm today. Question regarding the rsync with the command will that backup the email server totally email/contacts and all?

  5. #15
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,480
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpoynter01 View Post
    I did not get a chance to get into the office yesterday with my schedule... I will get it done around 3pm today. Question regarding the rsync with the command will that backup the email server totally email/contacts and all?
    Backing up the /opt/zimbra directory will backup everything you need to restore.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  6. #16
    dpoynter01 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Phoenix

    I've been trying to backup the /opt/zimbra file in Ubuntu 8.04 but it gives me copy right notices when I try to copy the backup....


    I use the command: cp -Rp /opt/zimbra /media/saved

    it creates a folder of "zimbra" in my saved drive... when I try to copy of the saved folder off onto a usb drive I get all sorts of copyright issues. I have chmod the usb drive to "own" it. Any help would be appreciated becasue I'm lost on what I'm doing wrong

  7. #17
    ashm is offline Intermediate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Have you mounted the USB drive properly?

    Can you create a folder or text file etc on the USB drive?

    I've previously used this guide for moving zimbra to another server - Moving ZCS to Another Server » Zimbra :: Blog

    Can you paste the output of the commands you're running?

  8. #18
    phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,480
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpoynter01 View Post
    Phoenix

    I've been trying to backup the /opt/zimbra file in Ubuntu 8.04 but it gives me copy right notices when I try to copy the backup....


    I use the command: cp -Rp /opt/zimbra /media/saved

    it creates a folder of "zimbra" in my saved drive... when I try to copy of the saved folder off onto a usb drive I get all sorts of copyright issues. I have chmod the usb drive to "own" it. Any help would be appreciated becasue I'm lost on what I'm doing wrong
    What do you mean by 'copyright issues? Why don't you just scp the file to another machine instead of trying to copy it to the USB?
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  9. #19
    dpoynter01 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    What do you mean scp? I have to rearrange servers for a phone server so I need to bring the new email machine up first. Like I said I do the command: cp -Rp /opt/zimbra /meida/saved -- it creates a folder called zimbra on my saved drive. When I try to copy that zimbra file to the usb drive I get an error which I believe was a copyright error for a folder named "memcached" Any ideas"

  10. #20
    dpoynter01 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashm View Post
    Have you mounted the USB drive properly?

    Can you create a folder or text file etc on the USB drive?

    I've previously used this guide for moving zimbra to another server - Moving ZCS to Another Server » Zimbra :: Blog

    Can you paste the output of the commands you're running?
    **
    Yes, I can add stuff to the drive... It seems like my cp -Rp /opt/zimbra /media/saved may back it up but it locks folders or protects them?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] Zimbra logwatch.
    By nishith in forum Administrators
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 04:42 PM
  2. slapd message error
    By smoke in forum Administrators
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 03:23 PM
  3. /tmp filling
    By Nutz in forum Administrators
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 02:00 AM
  4. zmperditionctl start asking for password
    By k7sle in forum Administrators
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 11:13 AM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 06:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •