Thread: Zimbra for Mandriva 2009

boyfren Guest

Default Zimbra for Mandriva 2009

Hi everyone,

I got Mandriva 2009 and wanted to know what's the best Open Source edition to use. Thanks.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by boyfren View Post
    I got Mandriva 2009 and wanted to know what's the best Open Source edition to use. Thanks.
    Mandriva isn't a supported platform, you're best installing it on a supported distribution and they're listed on the Downloads Page: Open Source Edition Downloads: Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Software by Zimbra
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

boyfren Guest

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Mandriva isn't a supported platform, you're best installing it on a supported distribution and they're listed on the Downloads Page: Open Source Edition Downloads: Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Software by Zimbra
    Yes, I've been to that link but I was just wondering maybe, there must be some hacks. Mandriva is a native of Redhat so there must be a way.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by boyfren View Post
    Yes, I've been to that link but I was just wondering maybe, there must be some hacks.
    That would be up to you to find out if it works you might find some information in the forums but it isn't supported. If you want a reliable mail server then install it on one of the stable server releases - there's a reason they're chosen.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

X-Dimension is offline Senior Member

@boyfren

I'm also a Mandriva user and tried to install the RHEL5 Version on Mandriva but i don't get it to work until now. There are two dependencies missing, where i don't find a Mandriva RPM. Maybe it works when using a Fedora or CentOS Package? Maybe the file is already installed on Mandriva but the Zimbra-Installer looks at another place for it. If that's true a symlink could help.
    Please tell us if you get it to work. I'm also very interested!

I've tried Zimbra on CentOS, but it feels a little bit slow and bloated so i switched to Ubuntu Server 8.04 (with no X-Server installed).
    It's not Mandriva, but it also works very well. ;-)

boyfren Guest

Quote Originally Posted by X-Dimension View Post
    @boyfren

I'm also a Mandriva user and tried to install the RHEL5 Version on Mandriva but i don't get it to work until now. There are two dependencies missing, where i don't find a Mandriva RPM. Maybe it works when using a Fedora or CentOS Package? Maybe the file is already installed on Mandriva but the Zimbra-Installer looks at another place for it. If that's true a symlink could help.
    Please tell us if you get it to work. I'm also very interested!

I've tried Zimbra on CentOS, but it feels a little bit slow and bloated so i switched to Ubuntu Server 8.04 (with no X-Server installed).
    It's not Mandriva, but it also works very well. ;-)
    I did tried to do some hacking, from symlinks and what not but all in vain with Mandriva. It was so easy though with RHEL5. Now I know why Mandriva is not supported. Thanks.

Thread Information