This probably should have been in the Migration section of the forums. My apologies. As I'm fairly new to Zimbra and am unable to find a thread that defines my problem, I'm creating my own.
We currently have a server running Zimbra 5.0.4 (opensource) on Suse 10.2. Our goal is to upgrade the server to 5.0.14 then migrate the server onto a new O/S (CentOS 5.3). Currently, I am experimenting in our lab with the migration and have run into a problem.
The initial server has hostname of mail1.geekdept.com. Following a document on migration from one server to another, this is what I have done:
1. built the original server (suse10.2) and installed zimbra (5.0.14), created a few accounts and sent a few emails (just for data)
2. built the new server to migrate to (CentOS 5.3). This server has the same hostname and network settings as the original one. After shutting Zimbra down on the original server, I have changed the hostname to mail.geekdept.com as well as the IP.
3. on the new server, installed zimbra with the -s option, removed the /opt/zimbra directory then rsynced the original /opt/zimbra directory into place
4. ran the zmfixperms command for permissions
5. re-ran the zimbra install (without the -s option)
All DNS settings are correct.
On the new server, I can get all the services running and it appears to be functional, but when I try to open the log in screen, I get an error as follows:
HTTP Error 404
When I go back to the original server and change the hostname and IP back to its original settings, the login page displays no problem.
I guess the problem is that the web page can connect to mail1.geekdept.com, but is unable to find the correct file for the web page.
Any ideas on where to look?