Thread: Instalation on Ubuntu 9.04

Eviltechie is offline Starter Member

Default Instalation on Ubuntu 9.04

So far, I haven't been able to install zimbra on 9.04 because some libraries were upgraded and it is looking for the old ones. When should we expect a new version for ubuntu 9.04?

uxbod is offline Moderator

Welcome to the forums

I would imagine you will not see 9.04 as it is not a LTS release; this appears to be backed up by Bug 37461 – Ubuntu 10.04 Server LTS support.

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltechie View Post
    So far, I haven't been able to install zimbra on 9.04 because some libraries were upgraded and it is looking for the old ones. When should we expect a new version for ubuntu 9.04?
    Install ZImbra on a supported platform and you'll have no problems or search the forums for some details of what's needed.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

d2globalinc is offline Special Member

Yah but also with no EXT4 filesystem which is why I would also like to upgrade our NE to 9.04 -
    - SLM -

Quote Originally Posted by d2globalinc View Post
    Yah but also with no EXT4 filesystem which is why I would also like to upgrade our NE to 9.04 -
    That version won't be supported for NE it will be LTS 10.04, you can search bugzilla and vote on the RFE.
    Regards

Bill

d2globalinc is offline Special Member

I understand that it wont be "Supported", and I will cast my vote.. Two more versions of ubuntu before Zimbra supports the latest edition is a bit long to wait. Not to mention last I had read even Ubuntu wasn't sure about their LTS release cycle.. So who knows if 10.04 will actually be an LTS..

I could care less about LTS - I maintain and support all my own systems, so I'm in it for the performance gain.. We had Hardy on desktops and notebooks, and as soon as intrepidd came out with its better network manager, that was the end of Hardy. Now with Jaunty, even more improvments over Hardy - so we cant sit and wait around for LTS releases, our clients and customers want performance and results, not "well we can't upgrade you and eliminate all thos hassles and issues your having because the latest version is not LTS"....
    - SLM -

So who knows if 10.04 will actually be an LTS.
    Somebody does: Mark Shuttleworth Blog Archive The Art of Release

I could care less about LTS - I maintain and support all my own systems, so I'm in it for the performance gain.
    That's your choice and if you support it for your clients all well and good but the Supported versions for NE are the ones listed in the download page and on the main Zimbra web site. For OSS the builds Zimbra provides are also available on the download page, if anyone wants to install on a different distribution they're also welcome to do that and contribute details to the forums or wiki. To state the obvious, the available downloads for Zimbre NE & OSS have only been verified on the distributions that are listed use it on anything else and it's up to you to get it working.
    Regards

Bill

redchuck is offline Starter Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Somebody doesn't anymore:

derStandard.at

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    That's your choice and if you support it for your clients all well and good but the Supported versions for NE are the ones listed in the download page and on the main Zimbra web site. For OSS the builds Zimbra provides are also available on the download page, if anyone wants to install on a different distribution they're also welcome to do that and contribute details to the forums or wiki. To state the obvious, the available downloads for Zimbre NE & OSS have only been verified on the distributions that are listed use it on anything else and it's up to you to get it working.
    I understand limited support for minor distributions like Ubuntu, but it's really frustrating to spend a day tracking down an Evolution-Exchange bug, finding out that there's not much interest in fixing it because Zimbra Desktop does Exchange better, then finding out that to use it, I'm going to need to roll my users back two distribution releases and manually reinstall all the more recent tools they need. Please consider supporting current OS distros.

Thread Information