I need help setting up a second mail server.
Here's the scenario:
I currently have everything running on one server called mail1. I'm running out of space on that server. I've purchased a second server with plenty of space. I'm ready to set it up. I'm calling it mail2. I have the OS installed and the Zimbra packages downloaded. I'm using the exact same OS/version and Zimbra version.
I would like to move mailboxes from the current server (mail1) to the new server (mail2) to free up space.
Here's the documentation I've been using to come up with a plan:
- Installation-Planning for Multi-Server Install - Zimbra :: Wiki
- Preferred Method of Moving Users To New Machine (zmmailboxmove - Network Edition Only - Zimbra :: Wiki)
I have an idea of what I need to do, but I still have some questions before I can proceed with installation.
1) What services do I need to install on the second server (mail2)?
2) Do I need to use Zimbra Proxy? If so, I did not install it on the current server (mail1). Do I just run the installer again with Zimbra Proxy enabled on mail1 (before setting up the second server)?
3) After the second server is setup and users are migrated, when they login to the webmail will it still have the current server as the host (mail1) or will it be on mail2? Basically will the URL be mail2.mydomain.com or will it remain main1.mydomain.com for users whose mailboxes are on mail2? I'm trying to prepare for any DNS/firewall changes I might need to make. I would like to make it so users really aren't exposed to mail2 and it's something that's used between the Zimbra servers.
I plan on doing this tomorrow. So any quick advice would be appreciated.