Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Zimbra 6.0 evaluation?

  1. #1
    juniper is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Zimbra 6.0 evaluation?

    It's been long enough since there *was* a Zimbra beta to evaluate that I'm curious what the process is going to be for the new Zimbra 6.0. (I wasn't in a place where I could investigate Zimbra the last time there was a beta.)

  2. #2
    Krishopper is offline Dedicated Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis MN
    Posts
    777
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The beta for 6.0 has been pushed out a few times. It's new release date was set for yesterday (Apr 13th) but hasn't posted yet. Whenever they are ready to post it, the beta should be freely available for everyone to pick at on their website. I'm sure they'll post an announcement when it becomes available, also.

  3. #3
    juniper is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Ah, all right. I wasn't sure if the beta was going to be freely available, or if it would require signing up somewhere. Thanks very much!

  4. #4
    Krishopper is offline Dedicated Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis MN
    Posts
    777
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    At least I assume it will be freely available, as the ones in the past have been. It's their best way to get feedback and bug reports on it; I'm excited to try it!

  5. #5
    uxbod's Avatar
    uxbod is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,017
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Patience is a virtue

  6. #6
    jholder's Avatar
    jholder is offline Former Zimbran
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Thatcher, AZ
    Posts
    5,606
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    it'll be out very very soon. Eminent, as they say.

    We're finishing up some last minute testing to make sure there aren't any serious issues that pop up.

    6.0 introduces a ton of new features for the Open Source edition as well as the Network edition.

    Usually, if we know it's going to be postponed, then we'll post an announcement. In this case, we haven't...thus 6.0 beta 1 is nigh.

  7. #7
    nufan is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Just curious, when I check out the info on Zimbra 6.0 it suggests it will no longer be offered on OSX 10.4 (Tiger). I'm currently running this (Intel Based), is it true 6.0 won't be available for Tiger users? If not, any idea how tough the migration to 10.5 will be? Thanks

  8. #8
    dljordaneku is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Ky
    Posts
    281
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    it'll be out very very soon. Eminent, as they say.

    We're finishing up some last minute testing to make sure there aren't any serious issues that pop up.

    6.0 introduces a ton of new features for the Open Source edition as well as the Network edition.

    Usually, if we know it's going to be postponed, then we'll post an announcement. In this case, we haven't...thus 6.0 beta 1 is nigh.
    I'm currently at 5.08. Do I need be at a higher version to upgrade to 6 with no issues or will I be able to upgrade from here? Just want to be able to plan out my upgrade. Some of the features in 6 are what I have been waiting on.

    dj

  9. #9
    brian is offline Project Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dljordaneku View Post
    I'm currently at 5.08. Do I need be at a higher version to upgrade to 6 with no issues or will I be able to upgrade from here? Just want to be able to plan out my upgrade. Some of the features in 6 are what I have been waiting on.

    dj
    You will be able to upgrade directly from 5.0.8_GA to 6.0.0_BETA1, but as always we never recommend running a beta version in production.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

  10. #10
    Jbrabander's Avatar
    Jbrabander is offline Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Park City, KS
    Posts
    342
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nufan View Post
    Just curious, when I check out the info on Zimbra 6.0 it suggests it will no longer be offered on OSX 10.4 (Tiger). I'm currently running this (Intel Based), is it true 6.0 won't be available for Tiger users? If not, any idea how tough the migration to 10.5 will be? Thanks
    I went from Tiger to Leopard at home with no issues. But I'm a pretty basic user on my Mac and very little third party software.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 02:20 AM
  2. [SOLVED] parts_decode_ext error
    By jsabater in forum Administrators
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 07:24 AM
  3. admin consol blank after 5.0.3 upgarde
    By maumar in forum Administrators
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2008, 05:16 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 07:28 PM
  5. Zimbra shutdowns every n hours.
    By Andrewb in forum Administrators
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 08:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •