Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error installing packages

SageMajor is offline Senior Member

Default Error installing packages

Code:
    root@mail3:/downloads/zcs-NETWORK-5.0.14_GA_2850.UBUNTU8_64.20090303202920# uname -a
    Linux mail3 2.6.24-23-server #1 SMP Mon Jan 26 01:36:05 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I get the following error after going through and selecting which packages to install

Code:
        zimbra-core......zimbra-core_5.0.14_GA_2850.UBUNTU8_64_amd64.deb...FAILED
    ###ERROR###

zimbra-core_5.0.14_GA_2850.UBUNTU8_64_amd64.deb installation failed

Installation cancelled

I had 5.0.12 installed on this box then removed it. I am trying to reinstall 5.0.14 as a clean install. Any thoughts on why I would have this problem?
    Last edited by SageMajor; 03-26-2009 at 02:22 PM.

Some more info
    The old version I installed with no problems

zcs-NETWORK-5.0.13_GA_2791.UBUNTU8_64.20090206110036.tgz

The server is a quad core intel with 8gb ram.

I just tried to install the same 5.013 version that I uninstalled and I got the exact same error. Any thoughts?

I am currently running the upgrade on my other server, and once its done I want to try and migrate but without zimbra on my new server I can not do that.

With no responces at all it seems like I will need to open an issue but this must have been encountered before.

I tried installing the 32 bit version and it failed, I got the following error. So I am installing the correct version.
    Code:
    You appear to be installing packages on a platform different
    than the platform for which they were built.

This platform is UBUNTU8_64
    Packages found: UBUNTU8
    This may or may not work.

Installation can not continue without manual override.
    You can override this safety check with ./install.sh --platform-override

WARNING: Bypassing this check may result in an install or
    upgrade that is NOT usable.
    Sage
    Last edited by SageMajor; 03-28-2009 at 11:12 PM.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Do you actually have a 64bit version of Ubuntu installed? Why did you remove the previous version of Zimbra rather than do an upgrade? Is this a test system?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Yes its a 64 bit ubuntu. In my previous posts I showed a uname -a and a failure installing a 32 bit.

It is a new system. We are migrating from 5.08 on our old 32 bit system (Dual core with 4gb ram) to a 64 bit quad core with 8gb ram on 5.0.1x

I have two identical new servers, I installed zimbra 5.0.13 on both in prep for an upgrade. I then realized I needed to have matching versions on both old and new server so I uninstalled the 5.0.13 so I could install 5.0.8 and do the upgrading on a safe server. Problem is my new ones are 8.0.4 ubuntu and the 5.0.8 zimbra does not exist of it. After realizing that it would not work, and I would need to to an upgrade on the old server then migrate I tried to reinstall 5.0.14 (it came out) and it failed. I then tried to install the same 5.0.13 that I had on before (Still had the tar ball) and got the error. I grabbed the tar off my other working server and still get the install error.

Fyi I currently have my old server down to do the upgrade. I have abuout 75gb of data to copy then I will run the upgrade by doing the inststall in the 5.0.13 on my old 32 bit server.
    Sage

Quote Originally Posted by SageMajor View Post
    It is a new system. We are migrating from 5.08 on our old 32 bit system (Dual core with 4gb ram) to a 64 bit quad core with 8gb ram on 5.0.1x
    I presume that you are following these instructions: Network Edition: Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit Server - Zimbra :: Wiki

I have two identical new servers, I installed zimbra 5.0.13 on both in prep for an upgrade.
    Do I understand from what you've said that you're moving to multiple servers?

I grabbed the tar off my other working server and still get the install error.
    Are you saying that you tried to install that on the 64bit system? If that's what you've done it won't work.

Fyi I currently have my old server down to do the upgrade. I have abuout 75gb of data to copy then I will run the upgrade by doing the inststall in the 5.0.13 on my old 32 bit server.
    Sage
    Run the installer on the 64 bit system and remove the current install by doing the following:

Code:
    ./install.sh -u
    That will remove everything from the system, just to make sure see if the /opt/zimbra directory exists and remove it if it's there. Please confirm you're trying to do the move by following the instructions in the link I posted at the beginning.
    Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    I presume that you are following these instructions: Network Edition: Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit Server - Zimbra :: Wiki

Do I understand from what you've said that you're moving to multiple servers?

Sort of. We are going to a Primary and a live backup. We had a HW issue take us offline for 1/2 day

Are you saying that you tried to install that on the 64bit system? If that's what you've done it won't work.

No I grabbed the 64 bit tar that worked off my working 64 bit install and tried that. I did not try and do a 32 bit install on a 64

Run the installer on the 64 bit system and remove the current install by doing the following:

Code:
    ./install.sh -u
    That will remove everything from the system, just to make sure see if the /opt/zimbra directory exists and remove it if it's there. Please confirm you're trying to do the move by following the instructions in the link I posted at the beginning.
    I have done the uninstall that and then when I do the install it fails

Every time I run the install it creates the /opt/zimbra dir but does not put anything in it.

Sage

on a related note, how do I get the following info, I searched and could not find it.

* Make sure that the account name for Admin user to create is the same name as on the original server.
    * Change the Spam training user and the Non-spam (HAM) training user account names to be the same as the spam account names on the original server.
    * Global Document Account - This account name is automatically generated. Change the Global Document Account name to be the same account name as on the original server.

What is in the install log after the install fails? DO you have valid DNS A & MX records pointing to this server? Does the server have the same FQDN as your original server and is the hosts file correct?

The Admin account in Zimbra is always called Admin and is the same for each new install. The Spam/Ham accounts & the Documents wiki account can be renamed by checking your old server for the names and then renaming them on the new install.
    Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    What is in the install log after the install fails? DO you have valid DNS A & MX records pointing to this server? Does the server have the same FQDN as your original server and is the hosts file correct?

The Admin account in Zimbra is always called Admin and is the same for each new install. The Spam/Ham accounts & the Documents wiki account can be renamed by checking your old server for the names and then renaming them on the new install.

I did a user search for the spam/ham users and I did not find them. Is there another way to do it.

Yes I have valid MX and DNS records. I did an install on this box last week. and removed it. I did change its IP address but the DNS was changed also.

There is no /var/log/zimbra* on the box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information