Thread: ZCS Opensource- how to have a page displayed before zimbra login page

grsgiri27 is offline New Member

Question ZCS Opensource- how to have a page displayed before zimbra login page

Dear friends,
    Recently I have installed ZCS 5.0.13 Opensource on CentOS x86_64 successfully. I was earlier running Qmail from which I have to migrate to Zimbra. For the convenience of my users I would like to run the Qmail server for some more time even after Zimbra comes up for future mailing purposes.

In this context, I would like to give access to both the mail servers from a single webpage say url=http://mydomain.com/webmail (where the previous server's webmail page used to be displayed) along with a link to the new mail server, ie. Zimbra server. I can also put another html page if needed to give link to both the servers.

My problem is - I am not a Java/JSP/PHP code developer . So I am unable to locate where exactly I need to put my code for the page, so that I can display a page with my above said link, then after the user selects the mailserver, I can direct him to the selected server. I am unable to find where from the Zimbra Webclient is being loaded.

Also this may be helpful for displaying our corporate page before Zimbra login page comes up, so that I can use ZCS opensource without the logo licensing issues. (even after I discontinue my old server)

Thanking you,
    --seshagiri
    Last edited by grsgiri27; 03-07-2009 at 05:18 AM. Reason: wrong display at URL

uxbod is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by grsgiri27 View Post
    without the logo licensing issues. (even after I discontinue my old server)
    What do you mean ? logo licensing has to remain intact as you are using the Community Edition of ZCS.

Default ZCS Opensource- how to have a page displayed before zimbra login page

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    What do you mean ? logo licensing has to remain intact as you are using the Community Edition of ZCS.
    Dear friend,
    I am not going to modify Zimbra login page of Zimbra Webclient at all since I opted for ZCS Community edition and I respect licensing policies. I only want to display a page before Zimbra Webclient login page with our corporate logo and banner to give confidence to my users that they are logging into our own mailserver. As I am in the process of migration from Qmail to Zimbra I also want to give an additional facility to my users to login into the old mail server for some more time so that they can select the old mail server from this page. I hope this will not amount to violation of the license.

My intention is that once my users go to "http://mydomain.com/webmail", they should get a custom page from where they can select to go to the old mail server's login page or the new Zimbra Web Mail client's original unmodifed login page. This may be something similar to pre-auth discussed in forums without the external authorisation.

Hope I could clearly articulate what I want to do. I want to reiterate that I have no intention of violating the license. Hope you can give me some clue how to go about?

--seshagiri
    Last edited by grsgiri27; 03-09-2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: wrong display at URL

Default ZCS Opensource - page before zimbra login page

Dear friends,

I could not get a reply so far. Since my project is getting delayed, I request u once again.

Sorry for bothering u all. I have no other go.

Kindly help me.

--seshagiri

drewbiez is offline Starter Member

just run another web server that auto redirects to the zimbra login page?

Thread Information