Thread: Unable to delete some accounts

d64
    d64 is offline Active Member

Default Unable to delete some accounts

I've run into a problem where some accounts cannot be deleted, while some others can.

This is what I get in mailbox.log when trying to delete one of these problematic accounts:

Code:
    2009-02-05 18:35:46,908 INFO  [btpool0-0] [name=admin@etc;mid=1;ip=172.22.100.111;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Win);] SoapEngine - handler exceptio
    n
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: unable to purge account: 8fc86b0e-f71a-4c8e-a7e0-8699099e1976
    ExceptionId:btpool0-0:1233851746908:6355140ecc09636b
    Code:service.FAILURE
            at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:253)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.deleteAccount(LdapProvisioning.java:1925)
            at com.zimbra.cs.service.admin.DeleteAccount.handle(DeleteAccount.java:86)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:433)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:288)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:167)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:269)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
            at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:189)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:716)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:406)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:350)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:844)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:644)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
            at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
            at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 80 - DN index delete failed]; remaining name 'uid=usersdnhere
    '
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3029)
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2931)
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2737)
            at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_unbind(LdapCtx.java:596)
            at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentContext.p_unbind(ComponentContext.java:634)
            at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeContext.unbind(PartialCompositeContext.java:227)
            at javax.naming.InitialContext.unbind(InitialContext.java:379)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.ZimbraLdapContext.unbindEntry(ZimbraLdapContext.java:610)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.deleteAccount(LdapProvisioning.java:1922)
            ... 31 more
    I have checked db_stat and it shows no problems in LDAP.

I'm running 5.0.11_GA_2695.RHEL5-20081117051306.

uxbod is offline Moderator

Do you get the same from the command line ?
    Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmprov da {accountname}

d64

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Do you get the same from the command line ?
    Code:
    su - zimbra
    zmprov da {accountname}
    Yes, I get this on the command line:

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: unable to purge account: 8fc86b0e-f71a-4c8e-a7e0-8699099e1976)

And much the same as above in mailbox.log.

uxbod is offline Moderator

Have a read through Error on Add / Delete Accounts - LDAP: error code 80 and see if it applies.

d64

Quote Originally Posted by uxbod View Post
    Have a read through Error on Add / Delete Accounts - LDAP: error code 80 and see if it applies.
    I have run fixperms to no effect, and I do have 1,5gb of mem on the server. At this moment it shows 702mb free.

d64

Is it so that it's not possible to buy support for an OS edition problem, but the only way to get paid support is to upgrade to NE?

d64

Ran into what I suspect is the same problem as above, only in a different way.. A customer asked for an email address to be changed to another name. So I tried to do this. However the result is that now I have a renamed account that cannot be edited in any other way (changing the name of the user, etc), nor can it be deleted. When I open it I get:

"Server error encountered Message: lookup returned multiple accounts: getAccountByQuery: etc etc"

It lists the two ldap entries as the old and new names of this same account.

This account was working ok before I tried to rename it. My wager is that it would not have been possible to delete it before the rename either.

I'm getting sort of desparate as now there's an account which cannot be deleted or edited, which of course makes it also impossible to create a new account (with the same name) for the customer to use.

d64

Some people suggest that this bdb problem might go away by slapcatting, clearing and then slapadding the contents back in. I can do the first part with this line:

$ openldap/sbin/slapcat -f /opt/zimbra/conf/slapd.conf -l ldap.ldif
    The first database does not allow slapcat; using the first available one (2)

Can someone confirm this can be done in Zimbra, and advise on how to do the last two steps?

d64

Looks like I got the problem fixed by following this article:

Exporting and Importing Zimbra LDAP Data » Zimbra :: Blog

I had to repair the slapcatted db first before Zimbra would start, though.

Thread Information