OK guys, here's an interesting problem, my PPC XServe basically is dead in the water for now, and I need to get the emails out of the system into a temporary image of 10.5, but on Intel. Both versions are 5.0.11GA Open Source. The new server has the exact same hostname and settings (except the IP).

I have the last knowing working back up of the PPC zimbra implementation. It should work - actually, when I restore it, after doing the dummy install and fixing the permissions, and try to run zmcontrol for the restored version, I get these errors:

Code:
Can't load '/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/IO/IO.bundle' for module IO: dlopen(/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/IO/IO.bundle, 1): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/IO/IO.bundle: mach-o, but wrong architecture at /System/Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level/XSLoader.pm line 70.
 at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/IO.pm line 11
Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/IO/Handle.pm line 263.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/IO/Handle.pm line 263.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/IO/Seekable.pm line 101.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/IO/Seekable.pm line 101.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/File/Temp.pm line 147.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/File/Temp.pm line 147.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcontrol line 31.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/zimbra/bin/zmcontrol line 31.
Technically speaking, 10.5 should be able to run a PPC coded application under Roseta (horrid performance, but this is simply to get the email out of the install), however, it seems that zimbra chokes on that.

I don't believe that simply moving over the files from on place to the other (let's say, ~/openldap-data ~/conf ~/zimbraindex ~/zimbrastore) will work. I can try but it'll probably bork the install.

Any ideas of how to do that cross platform restore?