Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Network problems

  1. #11
    KevinH's Avatar
    KevinH is offline Expert Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Check the usage with zmprov -? I think I forgot to add the name of the COS in the command args.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

  2. #12
    tobuck is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Kevin,

    This is the syntax:

    ModifyCos(mc) {name|id} [attr1 value1 [attr2 value2...]]

    So:

    mc zimbraMailHostPool 9636bfbb-a0d8-4df9-9ca8-417b68f8032d

    is incorrect and therefore by this grammar this syntax is incorrect.

    I don't have documentation for this. Is there detailed admin docs for us grunts
    that can't pay for this great software?

  3. #13
    tobuck is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Kevin,

    By the way, I made the first change and it did not affect anything. I logged back into the Admin console and I still saw both servers.

    I am getting the impression that there is no way to resolve this. Is there a way to save existing users and their emails and just remove the existing software and do a brand new install?

    Thanks.

  4. #14
    tobuck is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I haven't tried to login through the web in a day or so but tried tonight
    just to see if I could login.

    After entering http://vortex.tmocon.com/zimbra/mail

    I get redirected to:

    http://tmocon.com:/zimbra/auth/

    And I get a http 404 error (page not found).

    Why is zimbra redirecting to tmocon.com?

    It should be redirecting to vortex...

    Tom

  5. #15
    KevinH's Avatar
    KevinH is offline Expert Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tobuck
    Kevin,

    This is the syntax:

    ModifyCos(mc) {name|id} [attr1 value1 [attr2 value2...]]

    So:

    mc zimbraMailHostPool 9636bfbb-a0d8-4df9-9ca8-417b68f8032d

    is incorrect and therefore by this grammar this syntax is incorrect.

    I don't have documentation for this. Is there detailed admin docs for us grunts
    that can't pay for this great software?
    I think your miss reading it. It should be:

    zmprov mc default zimbraMailHostPool a636bfbb-a0d8-4df9-9ca8-417b68f8032d


    Assuming 'default' is the name of the COS you want to change. All the documentation is available on our website. Check community -> documentation. If you find something that is unclear or needs more attention please file a bug in bugzilla. This is the best way to get it on our list.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

  6. #16
    KevinH's Avatar
    KevinH is offline Expert Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tobuck
    Kevin,

    By the way, I made the first change and it did not affect anything. I logged back into the Admin console and I still saw both servers.

    I am getting the impression that there is no way to resolve this. Is there a way to save existing users and their emails and just remove the existing software and do a brand new install?

    Thanks.
    Did you bounce tomcat to clear the cache?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

  7. #17
    KevinH's Avatar
    KevinH is offline Expert Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tobuck
    I haven't tried to login through the web in a day or so but tried tonight
    just to see if I could login.

    After entering http://vortex.tmocon.com/zimbra/mail

    I get redirected to:

    http://tmocon.com:/zimbra/auth/

    And I get a http 404 error (page not found).

    Why is zimbra redirecting to tmocon.com?

    It should be redirecting to vortex...

    Tom

    Tomcat will redirect to the name of the server that is defined in zimbra. If you have the latest 3.1 release you can set a redirect=0 in the url to prevent the redirect.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

  8. #18
    tobuck is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Kevin,

    Thanks in the syntax correction. That worked fine. I don't have 3.1 installed. Didn't know it was available for FC4 (as a binary package install, I don't want to deal with compiling source code).

    Also, when I first installed zimbra everything worked like a dream. It took me 10 minutes to get up and running (I was receiving email and able to send email). After making the change to see a couple of admin pages from the internet did all this stuff start happening.

    I noticed something else that was quite different from before.

    When I type http://vortex.tmocon.com/zimbra/mail

    I first get redirect to https://vortex.tmocon.com/zimbra/?initMode=http

    This didn't happen in the original install.

    Then when I type in my login and password, I get redirected to:

    https://tmocon.com:/zimbra/auth/?initMode=http

    and of course I get page not found (because there is nothing running on tmocon.com).

    Thanks.
    Tom

  9. #19
    tobuck is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Kevin,

    Also, I did restart the entire system including tomcat.

    /etc/rc.d/init.d/zimbra restart

    I'm assuming that this restart would clear the cache...

    Tom

  10. #20
    tobuck is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Kevin,

    I see that 3.1 has been released. Am downloading now and will try the upgrade.

    But, this does not justify or explain why the system was working perfectly before I made the simple hostname change.

    Tom

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 05:06 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-19-2006, 02:58 PM
  3. Network Edition restore problems??
    By jdell in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 05:00 PM
  4. Problems while installing Zimbra Network Edition
    By mansuper in forum Installation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 03:42 AM
  5. Network M2 slow/"slow to respond" issues
    By Sam Hunter in forum Installation
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-29-2005, 11:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •