Thread: Commercially signed certificate

rpc
    rpc is offline Junior Member

Default Commercially signed certificate

I can't find any information about this on the wiki, so here goes:

We have bought Zimbra for our site and have also purchased a commercially signed certificate from a 3rd party. We are now looking to put Zimbra onto a second site and our 3rd party certificate issuer has told us our certificate can be used on our other servers as they fall under the same subdomain of the domain name (we have a wildcard certificate).

We have been given these instructions by them:

If you wish to install the same certificate on multiple servers, you will need to export the private key as a pfx file and import, along with the other issued certificate files, onto the second server.
    We're unsure how to do this properly with Zimbra, is it supported?

dwmtractor is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rpc View Post
    I can't find any information about this on the wiki, so here goes:

We have bought Zimbra for our site and have also purchased a commercially signed certificate from a 3rd party. We are now looking to put Zimbra onto a second site and our 3rd party certificate issuer has told us our certificate can be used on our other servers as they fall under the same subdomain of the domain name (we have a wildcard certificate).

We have been given these instructions by them:

We're unsure how to do this properly with Zimbra, is it supported?
    First of all, since you bought Zimbra you have access to Zimbra technical support directly. While we all would love to have your experience contributed to the forum, you may want to open a support case with Zimbra on this.

Second, though, I'm a little unclear on your question. When you say "second site" do you mean a second Zimbra server, mirroring the first one, but in a different location? Or do you mean a second domain (and therefore website) for mail on the same physical server? Or some other arrangement I'm not guessing at all? These are different things technically and will have different requirements server-wise.
    Cheers,

Dan

Thread Information