Thread: Zimbra over Qmail

ravin is offline Intermediate Member

Default Zimbra over Qmail

Hi,

I have been using zcs for 2 weeks now and want to have it full operational as production server. We currently have qmail for our organisation which I want to switch to zcs. I have few querries:

1. Can I use zcs for production environment without any downtime/problems?
    2. What is the intigrity of zcs?
    3. Can I completely rely on zcs for our mailing solution?

I am being little skeptical as I do not have any previous experience with zimbra and we cannot afford to have our mailing system down and suffer our business.

Thanks & Regards,

bonoboslr is offline Special Member

I suggest that you do full end to end testing before rolling out in a critical environment. This is the case in any implementation - not just ZCS. There are plenty of people running in production environments - obviously - and also where uptime is critical. You can look on the website for customers that are using zimbra - Indiatimes and comcast are 2 large licensees of ZCS.

randall is offline Advanced Member

I should say 2 weeks is not enough for you to decide if your going to zcs path or continue with qmail.

In my case, I have been using ZCS for about a year now, and have not suffered a single downtime except when the ISP service is off.

uxbod is offline Moderator

Only downtime I have had is either 1) ISP issue 2) I have broken something

SchlingBlade is offline Intermediate Member

I implemented Zimbra Network Edition at an ISP where I used to work. We migrated 4500 accounts (all with IMAP/POP/Web access) over from a Windows based email system to Zimbra, and never looked back. It has been a very solid system.

Where I work now, we also have a Zimbra installation. It is the Open Source version, which I am working on converting over to the Network Edition to get the live backup functionality sometime within the next month or so.

I have also been running my own Zimbra Open Source server off of a cable internet business account at home. The only time it is offline is when I'm doing an update, which is very minimal.

I would suggest running Zimbra on a multiprocessor 64-bit Linux system. It flies.

ravin is offline Intermediate Member

Thanks for your comments/suggestions. I have rolled out in new zcs open source and very happy with it. One thing I want figure out is that how can I upgrade antispam and antivirus signatures. I am still getting some spam mails. Earlier with qmail it was horrible experience. Daily I would receive around 200-250 spam mails in one account. Now it's great relief with zimbra but how can I get 100% solution for spam and virus infected mails.

Regards,
    ravin

Thread Information