Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! - some users stuck at loading after upgrade to 5.09.rhel4...

kether is offline Junior Member

Default HELP! - some users stuck at loading after upgrade to 5.09.rhel4...

Hello all, I sincerely hope someone can help me with this.

First off, I'm pretty new to linux but have been happily running Zimbra 4.53 on CentOS 4 since last year. Zimbra rocks!!!

I have eight users out of 75 that cannot log into their webmail after performing an upgrade from 4.53 to 5.09.

I've been poking around the net trying to find some answers all day.

Mailbox.log shows a few errors for each user.

org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.ru n(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Data truncation: Out of range value adjusted for column 'change_date' at row 1

com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement[354] - UPDATE mboxgroup27.mail_item SET size = 0, unread = 0, metadata = 'd3:aid36:67cf80da-524b-4adf-b86b-ad62195eabc81:ci7e2:idi22084e1:vi10e2:vti6ee', mod_metadata = 84230, change_date = -1, mod_content = 84230 WHERE mailbox_id = 27 AND id = 49895

SoapEngine - handler exception
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: writing metadata for mailbox 27, item 49895
    ExceptionId:btpool0-4:1220389937813:fa3ae571146870bf
    Code:service.FAILUREat com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE (ServiceException.java:253)

I've been assuming that this is a corrupt message or appointment with an invalid date range.

I have tried using zmmailbox to delete the relevant items but I get the same error:

system failure: writing metadata for mailbox 27, item 49895

so it doesn't let me delete the item.

I also used mysql to get the blob-mod id but the actual blob file does not exist.

What am i doing wrong here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've got some angry users breathing down my neck.

Bump, please

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

Something's really wrong with mysql.

1) Make sure you have a backup
    2) Please post /opt/zimbra/data/db/(hostname).err

Thanks very much JHolder. Sorry for the late reply, very busy day.

Unfortunately the file:

/opt/zimbra/logger/db/data/hostname.err

was completely full of logger errors and nothing else. I guess that was a problem before 4.57? (I was on 4.53 before the upgrade) I've tried to retrigger the mysql errors but no change in that file.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by kether; 09-04-2008 at 12:02 AM.

brian is offline Project Contributor

That's the logger db error file. You want the mailstore mysql error file. In 5.0.9 it's in /opt/zimbra/log/mysql_error.log
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

karmek is offline Junior Member

Hello,
    yesterday i did and update as well, everything went finde - at least i though so.
    I was at zcs-4.5.6_GA_1044.DEBIAN3.1 and moved to zcs-5.0.10_GA_2638.DEBIAN4.0.20081003060853
    Today i found out that two of our mailboxes are some kind of corrupted.

My Login attempts where successfull but while loading the interface gets stuck.
    With a click on the html version i get the following error:
    Code:
    An Unknown error occured. Please click here to go back to client home.
    Here is a part of my mailbox.log:

Code:
    2008-10-23 20:37:37,463 INFO  [btpool0-235] [name=xxx@xxx.de;aname=xxx@xxx.de;mid=21;oip=84.63.73.1;ua=zclient/5.0.10_GA_2638.DEBIAN4.0;] session - ServiceException while putting soap session refresh data
    com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: writing metadata for mailbox 21, item 3742
    ExceptionId:btpool0-235:1224787057463:c891302ddf7ee4bf
    Code:service.FAILURE
            at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:253)
            at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbMailItem.persistCounts(DbMailItem.java:659)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Folder.saveFolderCounts(Folder.java:536)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.loadFoldersAndTags(Mailbox.java:1520)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.beginTransaction(Mailbox.java:1213)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.beginTransaction(Mailbox.java:1161)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getItemList(Mailbox.java:2331)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getItemList(Mailbox.java:2320)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getItemList(Mailbox.java:2316)
            at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getTagList(Mailbox.java:2737)
            at com.zimbra.cs.session.SoapSession.putRefresh(SoapSession.java:693)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.generateResponseHeader(SoapEngine.java:509)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:302)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:160)
            at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:269)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
            at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:189)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81)
            at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:148)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:716)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:406)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:350)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:313)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:506)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:844)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:644)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
            at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
            at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:396)
            at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Data truncation: Out of range value adjusted for column 'change_date' at row 1

Query being executed when exception was thrown:

com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement[2261] - UPDATE mboxgroup21.mail_item SET size = 0, unread = 0, metadata = 'd3:aid36:c17d4a5d-fb50-4ae5-86d5-5778025b28052:idi1995e1:vi10e2:vti14ee', mod_metadata = 14110, change_date = -1, mod_content = 14110 WHERE mailbox_id = 21 AND id = 3742
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2868)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1573)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement.serverExecute(ServerPreparedStatement.java:1160)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement.executeInternal(ServerPreparedStatement.java:685)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1400)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1314)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1299)
            at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:233)
            at com.zimbra.cs.db.DbMailItem.persistCounts(DbMailItem.java:657)
            ... 39 more
    All other accounts work fine.
    Any Ideas? Did you found a sollution?

Kind regards
    Karmek
    Last edited by karmek; 10-23-2008 at 12:30 PM.

StefanD is offline Project Contributor

Hi,
    Yesterday I upgraded from 4.5.3 to 4.5.11 and then to 5.0.10.
    Now one users has the same issue discribed in hte previous post.

Anyone knows a sollution for this?

Thanks

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

How about some details of browser used, the error messages you're seeing, is it the Advanced client or the Basic Client, the operating system used, does it happen with all browsers, have you tried a re-index of the affected mailbox?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

StefanD is offline Project Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    How about some details of browser used, the error messages you're seeing, is it the Advanced client or the Basic Client, the operating system used, does it happen with all browsers, have you tried a re-index of the affected mailbox?
    Advanced, basic and IMAP client.
    Firefox 3.0.3 both on windows and linux.
    I re-indexed the account but didn't solve any thing, also when I upgraded the install script did the database check.

peng1can is offline Senior Member

Having the same problem here. Only affects a couple accounts out of 8000. It happens to this account no matter where you login (including from the "View Mail" of the admin console). Other accounts on her computer can log in fine. Using the standard client works fine. Account was re-indexed and made no difference.

I'm going to go ahead and open a support ticket and reference this thread...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information