Thread: Asterisk under Franklin?

JonathansCornerCom is offline Intermediate Member

Default Asterisk under Franklin?

I noticed instructions for an Asterisk VOIP zimlet under 4.5, but I didn't have com_zimbra_asterisk.zip among the other zimlet packages in /opt/zimbra/zimlets-extras/, and a search didn't turn up where I could download the zip.

Is there a way for me to get an Asterisk VOIP zimlet working under 5.0.8, open source, binary distribution? If so, how?
    Jonathan Hayward, christos.jonathan.hayward@gmail.com

To see an award-winning website with stories, essays, artwork, games, and a four-dimensional maze, why not visit my home page? All of this is waiting for you at JonathansCorner.com.

Would you like to curl up with one of my hardcover books? You can now get my books from CJSHayward.com.

JonathansCornerCom is offline Intermediate Member

When I dug around, I was able to access Asterisk Wiki. There it appeared that the Asterisk Zimlet had problems which appeared to eventually be solved.

I have been unable to test this as MarcMac posted a solution but stripped out JainSipApi1.1.jar and nist-sip.1.2.jar because it was apparently too large to post the whole zip. I've tried, unsuccessfully, to acquire or build JainSipApi1.1.jar, to test Marc's solution before migrating and adjusting. But I haven't been able to get JainSipApi1.1.jar, and it seems somewhat futile to try to use the Zimlet without first getting a JAR it relies on.

The closest I came to it was trying to use mvn to get https://maven-repository.dev.java.ne...ip-api-1.2.pom from https://maven-repository.dev.java.ne...ory/javax.sip/, but at best I've managed to build an empty jar with the desired filename. )-:

Is there a known Asterisk solution with all parts available?
    Jonathan Hayward, christos.jonathan.hayward@gmail.com

To see an award-winning website with stories, essays, artwork, games, and a four-dimensional maze, why not visit my home page? All of this is waiting for you at JonathansCorner.com.

Would you like to curl up with one of my hardcover books? You can now get my books from CJSHayward.com.

Thread Information