Thread: I dont know what i did......

davew43 is offline Junior Member

Default I dont know what i did......

Hello to all, Ive searched for a similar issue, and havenot found it...

here goes....

FC7 running ZCS501 Open. on an ML350 2-X-Xeon3.0 CPUs 6GB of ECC it IS a Raid 5 However it was running great.

I was running out of room on a opt partition 3-4 months after deploying and running great, proactively I stoped zimbra, and remounted my /opt to a new location, (same container) re mapped the new container to /opt. Rebooted. It does work, however ajax and zdesk runs so slow its driving all my users crazy. If you use outlook, or outlook exp, it signs in, grabs mail just as fast as before. But if you use the web mail of the desktop, it either times out or you get the ("Server appears to be busy") over the web page. I also noticed that in console, all the grids showing mail count/virus/spam/...no longer report usage.

Ive setup a 2nd server, installed the same FC7 and the same zcs501 open, and copied the entire /opt partition. and resetup /opt/zimbra/setup.pl and got everything except the passwd for slapd... I cannot find the self generated passwd... so heres my question...(s)

1 has anybodyelse ran into this?
    2 is there a way to see a self generated slapd passwd?
    3 looking at the logs doesnt show any appearent errors other than sql running slow...

if ive missed anything, ask away, please help soon, im going nutso on this as well.... thanx, davew43

i forgot to mention there are 150 users

wow! no one?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You really, really should not be using a RAID5 for the zimbra directory - it can be painfully slow and your best option would be to use a RAID10.

Now, what errors are you seeing in the log files? What are you trying to do when you see this password error and what's the exact message?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information