Thread: B has no properties

bhall2001 is offline New Member

Default B has no properties

Just upgraded from FC7 5.0.5 to 5.0.7 and we have a problem with our shared calender we use for scheduling. When the owner of the shared calendar attempts to modify an event, the following error is presented...

B has no properties message: B has no properties
    msg: B has no properties
    fileName: http://192.168.1.12/zimbra/js/Startu...v=080626021602
    lineNumber: 1185
    stack: (null)@http://192.168.1.12/zimbra/js/Startup1_1_all.js.zgz?v=080626021602:1185 ([object Object])@http://192.168.1.12/zimbra/j...

We are still trying to figure this out but I don't see any postings so I thought I'd post to see if anyone has some insight. Right now it appears as though other users are able to modify the events just not the owner of the shared calendar.

Thanks in advance,
    Bob

p24t is offline Moderator

Welcome to the forums.

You may want to take a look in your Log Files - Zimbra :: Wiki when the user tries to modify an event, to see if there are any errors, stacktraces, etc.

Protack is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

Bob,

Did you modify your ZMmsg.properties file? If you did and you copied the old 5.0.5 version over to the 5.0.7 install, this is what broke this. You need to take the 5.0.7 file and modifiy it.

God Bless,
    Marty

To my knowledge the file was not editted. I will look into that. Also, I am going through the log files to see if there is anything in there. We also noticed that the user who owns the shared calendar is not able to make a new calendar as well. I'm tempted to go to 5.0.8 just to see what happens but I'll look into the ZMmsg.properties file edits.

Thanks,
    Bob

Default Feature or bug????

1) I can not locate the file ZMmsg.properties on my system. Where do I find it?

2) I can predictably recreate/fix the problem so I wonder if this is a feature or a bug???....

SOME OVERVIEW OF WHAT WE ARE DOING WITH CALENDAR

I run a bicycle shop using Zimbra CE for our internal mail/calendar... we'll you know, all the awesomeness that is Zimbra!!!!! One of the things we do is keep track of our bicycle repairs schedule with a shared calendar.

Here's how we set this up. There is a user account "Service Schedule" with limited features. This account has calendar and briefcase but eMail is turned off. These items are the "master" stores for the Service Department including all the bicycle repairs and online technical references for mechanics to use and sales staff to schedule against.

The Service Schedule user DOES NOT have eMail turned on. The Service Schedule user's calendar is shared and all other users have manager access to the calendar to allow them to create/update/reschedule events in the service schedule.

Our sales staff logs into Zimbra as the "Service Schedule" user to book in appointments and check status of work. We do this as this way the default service calendar is updated and service items are not mis-scheduled in a sales associates calendar.

Our problem cropped up in 5.0.7 but in 5.0.5 (and 5.0.4 and 5.0.3) The service schedule user could update the calendar with eMail disabled. Can't comment on 5.0.6 as we skipped this update due to being too busy to upgrade when it came out.

HERE'S WHAT I FIGURED OUT

IF the Service Schedule User's eMail feature is turned off, THEN the Service Schedule user is not able to edit/update/modify shared events or create a new calender but can create events in an existing shared calendar. Other users can add/update/modify events in the shared calendar as they need to.

IF eMail feature is enabled for the Service Schedule User, everything works fine for all users.

Let me know if this makes sense or if I need to add more detail :-)

FEATURE OR BUG

So, is this a feature or a bug? Are we not using the system properly? Should we be using a resource that is the Service Schedule instead? In 5.0.5 the Service Schedule user was able to update events/add events, etc. without having eMail turned on. In 5.0.7, eMail must be turned on to modify events.

I'm going through to make sure that the Service Schedule account is not sending eMails about the events now that 5.0.7 is installed but so far it appears as though sending eMails about events is disabled but I'm still poking around to verify this.

I'm going to look into possibly using a resource instead of a shared calendar but we've been working this way for 6 or 7 months with no issues. Is it not possible that there could be users without eMail but with the other features of Zimbra? I'm not sure if briefcases are effected but I plan to look into this as well.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any comments,
    Bob

Protack is offline Partner (VAR/HSP)

The file is located at /opt/zimbra/jetty-6.1.5/webapps/zimbra/WEB-INF/classes/messages

Its called ZmMsg.properties

God Bless,
    Marty

parixit is offline Senior Member

Hi we are having the same problem. Some of our users have mail turned off.

Thread Information