Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: How to use an existing IMAP server (Dovecot)

  1. #21
    depin is offline Active Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I needs that because have various mailbox on mails.

    I go install server zimbra in paralel to make tests.
    After talk the result.

    thanks

  2. #22
    zzz2002 is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I like przyswa had hoped to use Zimbra, but as like him we want to use our existing Dovecot IMAP server, we will have to look elsewhere.

  3. #23
    LouB is offline Starter Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Same here

    Quote Originally Posted by zzz2002 View Post
    I like przyswa had hoped to use Zimbra, but as like him we want to use our existing Dovecot IMAP
    server, we will have to look elsewhere.
    We have our own mail server, postfix and dovecot, and would very much like to use the other feature of Zimbra, Calender, Task, etc... I wouldn't mind moving to a full functioning Zaimbra server but I do not like the idea of having my email embedded into a db.

  4. #24
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,569
    Rep Power
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LouB View Post
    We have our own mail server, postfix and dovecot, and would very much like to use the other feature of Zimbra, Calender, Task, etc...
    You can't do that with your current server, as mentioned in many posts in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by LouB View Post
    I wouldn't mind moving to a full functioning Zaimbra server......
    Then why don't you?

    Quote Originally Posted by LouB View Post
    ....... but I do not like the idea of having my email embedded into a db.
    Who said that's where the mail lives? Search the forums and the wiki or even read the Admin Guide for details of the ZCS System Architecture.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. initializing ldap...FAILED(256)ERROR
    By manjunath in forum Installation
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-07-2013, 10:27 AM
  2. Error after installation
    By robsontuxlinux in forum Installation
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 09:48 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 06:41 AM
  4. Please help
    By scott_summers in forum Administrators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 11:11 PM
  5. Zimbra Installation Problem
    By AnilKumarYalla in forum Developers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 09:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •