Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zimbra 3 on FC4 having problems with zimbraMailPort and SOAP service

jayda is offline Starter Member

Default Found a workaround

I was receiving the same problem trying to use mod_jk with https except, instead of port 80 I was getting port 443.....

I noticed that the web.xml found at /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/service/WEB-INF has values for "allowed.ports". These settings all had my two server ports, 7080, and 7443. I tried modifying the Soap entry by adding the port 443 to no aval untill I realized that this file is getting overwritten each time tomcat is started. I tracked that down to a function in /opt/zimbra/bin/tomcat called rewriteWebXml which calls the command /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmmtaconfig with the option webxml. There are two such lines in the tomcat startup script. I commented the one that rewrites the web.xml files, then added the port 443 to the web.xml file mentioned above, restarted tomcat, and tada.... It worked. I have not delved any more deeply to determine where these settings are comming from or what can be done further about it, but it does appear to be working now. I'm sure this will break something else if I ever change something and actually need the files to be rewritten......

Kind of long winded, but hopefully this is helpful....

czaveri is offline Former Zimbran

Quote Originally Posted by jayda
    I was receiving the same problem trying to use mod_jk with https except, instead of port 80 I was getting port 443.....

I noticed that the web.xml found at /opt/zimbra/tomcat/webapps/service/WEB-INF has values for "allowed.ports". These settings all had my two server ports, 7080, and 7443. I tried modifying the Soap entry by adding the port 443 to no aval untill I realized that this file is getting overwritten each time tomcat is started. I tracked that down to a function in /opt/zimbra/bin/tomcat called rewriteWebXml which calls the command /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmmtaconfig with the option webxml. There are two such lines in the tomcat startup script. I commented the one that rewrites the web.xml files, then added the port 443 to the web.xml file mentioned above, restarted tomcat, and tada.... It worked. I have not delved any more deeply to determine where these settings are comming from or what can be done further about it, but it does appear to be working now. I'm sure this will break something else if I ever change something and actually need the files to be rewritten......

Kind of long winded, but hopefully this is helpful....
    Thanks jayda,

This helped me to find another workaround:

Edit: /opt/zimbra/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/webapps/service/WEB-INF/web.xml and /opt/zimbra/apache-tomcat-5.5.15/conf/service.web.xml.in and add ports 80 and 443 mentioned in all instances where code such as following appears:

HTML Code:
    <init-param>
          <param-name>allowed.ports</param-name>
          <param-value>80, 443, 6080, 6443, 7070, 7443, 7071</param-value>
    </init-param>
    Here's the how-to: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?tit...e_using_mod_jk

Sincerely,

Chintan Zaveri.
    Regards,

Chintan Zaveri
    (Yet another ZIMBRAN!)

"Dhundhne par Bhagwan bhi ..."