Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Messed up my domain?

BarefootPanda is offline Special Member

Default [SOLVED] Messed up my domain?

So, I'm not sure how this happened, but I think I messed up my install...

I wanted my emails to be formatted .... email@domain.com

Somehow I have my emails set as ... email@mail.domain.com

Is there an easy way to figure fix this? Let me know if you need any file cats

edit: I'm running CentOS 5.1 x64 and 5.0.6 GA for RHEL 5 x86_64 << install seems okay, I'm sure I messed up something in my config
    Last edited by BarefootPanda; 06-10-2008 at 09:06 AM.

y@w
    y@w is offline Moderator

You should be able to just edit the user in the admin console and change the domain. You can also do it through zmprov.

How would I do this through zmprov?

Do you work with Dusty in Sioux Falls? This is Grant. Tell him I say hi!

y@w
    y@w is offline Moderator

Haha, why yes I do! I told him hi

I did it with a test account on our system:
    zmprov ra user@mail.domain.com user@domain.com

dwmtractor is offline Moderator

Just so you know how you got here, it's because when you did the original setup of Zimbra, when it asked for the domain you gave it the FQDN mail.domain.com rather than just the domain domain.com. It's a common mistake. Since I found it back when I was still evaluating the server, and did not know about zmprov fixes, I just re-installed the software. . .
    Cheers,

Dan

I've ended up re-installing, but am stuck at the domain issue again...

The MX doesn't come through, the MX points to mail.domain.com but if I tell it to assume domain.com it gets angry. Should I go through and install anyways?

What can I change in here to get what I'm looking for?

Code:
       1) Common Configuration:                                                  
            +Hostname:                             barefootpanda.com             
            +Ldap master host:                     barefootpanda.com             
            +Ldap port:                            389                           
            +Ldap Admin password:                  set                           
            +Require secure interprocess communications: yes                           
            +TimeZone:                             (GMT-08.00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

2) zimbra-ldap:                             Enabled                       
            +Create Domain:                        yes                           
            +Domain to create:                     mail.barefootpanda.com        
            +Ldap Root password:                   set                           
            +Ldap Replication password:            set                           
            +Ldap Postfix password:                set                           
            +Ldap Amavis password:                 set                           

3) zimbra-store:                            Enabled                       
            +Create Admin User:                    yes                           
            +Admin user to create:                 admin@mail.barefootpanda.com  
            +Admin Password                        set                           
            +Enable automated spam training:       yes                           
            +Spam training user:                   spam.q8sm7ivu3@mail.barefootpanda.com
            +Non-spam(Ham) training user:          ham.lumoz3lqp@mail.barefootpanda.com
            +Global Documents Account:             wiki@mail.barefootpanda.com   
            +SMTP host:                            barefootpanda.com             
            +Web server HTTP port:                 8081                          
            +Web server HTTPS port:                443                           
            +Web server mode:                      http                          
            +IMAP server port:                     143                           
            +IMAP server SSL port:                 993                           
            +POP server port:                      110                           
            +POP server SSL port:                  995                           
            +Use spell check server:               yes                           
            +Spell server URL:                     http://barefootpanda.com:7780/aspell.php

4) zimbra-mta:                              Enabled                       
            +MTA Auth host:                        barefootpanda.com             
            +Enable Spamassassin:                  yes                           
            +Enable Clam AV:                       yes                           
            +Notification address for AV alerts:   admin@mail.barefootpanda.com  
            +Bind password for postfix ldap user:  set                           
            +Bind password for amavis ldap user:   set                           

5) zimbra-snmp:                             Enabled                       
            +Enable SNMP notifications:            yes                           
            +SNMP Trap hostname:                   barefootpanda.com             
            +Enable SMTP notifications:            yes                           
            +SMTP Source email address:            admin@mail.barefootpanda.com  
            +SMTP Destination email address:       admin@mail.barefootpanda.com
    Last edited by BarefootPanda; 06-10-2008 at 02:27 PM.

y@w
    y@w is offline Moderator

Hmm.. I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Is having problems with the hostname? Or is it complaining that there's no MX record pointed at your server for that domain?

Here is the MX junk I'm getting...I'm guessing it has to do with my host file.

Code:
    Create Domain: [mail.barefootpanda.com] barefootpanda.com
    	MX: mail.barefootpanda.com (76.17.146.69)

Interface: 10.0.2.25
    	Interface: 127.0.0.1

DNS ERROR - none of the MX records for barefootpanda.com
    resolve to this host
    It is suggested that the MX record resolve to this host
    Re-Enter domain name? [Yes]

dwmtractor is offline Moderator

Was this a clean reinstall? As in no backup to restore, or whatever? Because it looks like quite a few of your settings are stuck with "mail.domain.com" from your first installation. You don't want ANYTHING to say "mail.domain.com" here. Your hostname is "mail" and your domain is "domain.com" and the only place the two ever should be connected is in your DNS and MX records, not in the Zimbra setup.
    Cheers,

Dan

Would this be an issue because I am running this on a private subnet and there is no internal DNS server?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information