Thread: Backup CLI not working after new NE-Trial edition install over FOSS (RHEL5)

jisenburg is offline Active Member

Default Backup CLI not working after new NE-Trial edition install over FOSS (RHEL5)

Hello all,

This is my first post here in the zimbra forums. I am new to zimbra. I began testing zimbra on FC5 with 4.5.10 FOSS last November and since then have used the FC7 5.0 FOSS editions. I really like zimbra and how smooth the administration of ZCS is! The forums have been a great source of help for me!

I work for a school district and we plan on moving to zimbra our next fiscal year so I have decided to install the 60-day trial (RHEL5 Zimbra 5.0.6). So here is the history of my issue that I have now. Thanks to anyone who can help!

I had FC7 5.0.5 installed on a server which I backed up using the backup procedure described in the wiki.

I then installed RHEL5 on this server and restored the data (i.e. mailboxes, ldap, all that good stuff) to a fresh install of RHEL5 FOSS 5.0.5 Zimbra.

After fixing a wonderful zmmailboxdctl not starting issue that had me going nuts for 5 hours the install of RHEL5 FOSS was working smooth as pie.

A couple of days later here I decided to install the NE-trial for which I recieved my license a couple of days ago. I just used the RHEL5 NE 5.0.6 version of Zimbra.

Everything worked perfectly and the license said that it is ok if I typed in the

"zmlicense -c" command

However when I attempt a manual backup command via the cli I recieve this message

command= zmlicense -f

"Error occurred: license not installed"

To note when I upgraded my zimbra from FOSS 5.0.5 to NE-Trial 5.0.6 my license file could not be read. I manually installed the license after I corrected the license permissions via this thread

failed to install license

I used this command to install the license

zmlicense -l -i /opt/zimbra/conf/ZCSlicense.xml

Suffice to say I would like to see the backup feature work however I am recieving a message saying that the license is not installed. Any ideas?

Thanks again!

GO ZIMBRA!!!!

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

What does the following show:

Code:
    zmlicense -p
    and what happens if you install the license again? Are there any errors in the log files when you run the cli backup command (what's the exact format of the command you used)? Please post the exact output from the backup command that you're running. Does the daily backup run (check the Admin UI)?
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

jisenburg is offline Active Member

Default Reinstalled License

Well I certainly feel dumb.

I used the AdminUI to reinstall the license that was in my /opt/zimbra/conf
    and it appears to have licensed the server properly. Backup seems to be working very well also. I only have about 20 licenses in use right now. How long does a full backup usually take for a small amount of mailboxes? When I just used the AdminUI to do a full backup it only took a couple of seconds.

Thanks for a really simple fix,

JIsenburg

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jisenburg View Post
    Well I certainly feel dumb.
    No need to.

I used the AdminUI to reinstall the license that was in my /opt/zimbra/conf
    and it appears to have licensed the server properly. Backup seems to be working very well also. I only have about 20 licenses in use right now. How long does a full backup usually take for a small amount of mailboxes? When I just used the AdminUI to do a full backup it only took a couple of seconds.
    The backup time would depend on how many, and how large, the mailboxes are. You could always do a test restore to an alternative (new) account and check the mailbox is OK.

Thanks for a really simple fix,
    You're welcome, enjoy.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information