Thread: Joining Account domain ZCS-NE and ZCS-OSS

kang_obe is offline New Member

Default Joining Account domain ZCS-NE and ZCS-OSS

Hai All

last 2 week ago, we brought zimbra license, for 50 users from 500 mail box.

all 500 at ZCS-OSS and 50 license in ZCS-NE

all 50 mail box is part off 500

MAIL domain was example.com
    ZCS-OSS domain was mail.example.com
    ZCS-NE domain was pushmail.example.com

and all 500 users only access from mail.example.com, including the 50 executive who only need zimbra mobile but used ZCS-OSS to open webmail, pop, and imap, but get the email zimbra mobile from pushmail.example.com

how to manage this executive want?
    i try to use split domain, but the all 50 mail users is empty at mail.example.com and redirect to pushmail.example.com

is there any setup that i should add to make mail.example.com keep all mail before reroute to pushmail.example.com ?

(sorry about my English, hope you all can understand what we and the manager here want

if i add manually at forward tab, there was no server option only mail address option

the forward tab should be mail address + mail server
    --------------------------------------------------
    like forward all executive01@example.com from mail.example.com but keep the copy,
    then forward to executive01@example.com at pushmail.example.com
    --------------------------------------------------

help me pls

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You are making this more difficult than it needs to be, the 50 users that require the mobile features should host their mail/contacts/calendar on the NE server the remaining users host their mail on the OSS server. Using a Split Domain would achieve that.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

that what i said to all executive, base on split domain setup, but they don't like to re-configure they own profile, and bunch of mail. to move to another mail server

the spit domain is re route rite? what are the difrent betwen reroute and forward in zimbra? as far as i knew, reroute is manage by MTA (postfix) rite? forward is manage by users

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

The difference is that your executives won't have their calendar or contacts available unless they use the NE server, they can't sync any of that information with the OSS server.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thank Sir for pay attentions,

right now they don't care about all that sinc, they don't want we (admin) to know all they password to imap sync or they mailbox, but they still want mobile email. that's all, you know bos lah, don't want changees but want a progress

another prob was comes up, the commpany want, all email should be recorded accourding to the companny email rule, all in and out, but only 4 joining admin who know the password (the password should be like this one.two.tree.four (one password with 4 diferent word)), so how to make all email that can be recorded with zimbra?

so in this issue, i can not fullfill with Z-NE (license), so pliss how to make auto forward and keep the copy. (there option at Account | forward | Forwarding addresses hidden from the user: (but there no server option, like it should be)

pls help us

mmorse is offline Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kang_obe View Post
    so in this issue, i can not fullfill with Z-NE (license), so pliss how to make auto forward and keep the copy. (there option at Account | forward | Forwarding addresses hidden from the user: (but there no server option, like it should be)
    The 'forwarding address hidden from the user' is only for incoming mail, and can be revealed on a bounce message if the address your forwarding to is invalid or that server is down - it's true RFC forwarding not a new envelope.

Just so you're aware, the Network Edition version has an excellent add-on that does envelope forking called Archiving & Discovery w/ cross mailbox search
    Often referred to as ZAD for short - more on it:
    Zimbra Archiving and Discovery Whitepaper.pdf
    Zimbra Archiving and Discovery Release Notes.pdf
    Zimbra_Archiving_Discovery_Webinar_Dec_2007.pdf

For FOSS (or NE if you'd like) many use this method of archiving - grabbing everyone's email: Enhancement Hacks - power of filters & always_bcc
    In postfix it's essentially: always_bcc = catchallArchiveMonkey@domain.com
    Then couple that with a filters to sort into specific folders (make one per user etc) in the 'catchallArchiveMonkey' account.

Individually you can use 'sender_bcc_maps' and 'recipient_bcc_maps' (search Postfix.org)
    Here's some examples:
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administrators/9812-solved-automatically-cc-account-possible.html#post58005
    [SOLVED] Monitoring email accounts

Side Notes:
    - Depending on what you're trying to accomplish zmmsgtrace may also do what you want.
    - Last but not least (use appropriately & legally) there's: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...intercept.html

Thread Information