Thread: upgrade issues...

paped is offline Intermediate Member

Default upgrade issues...

OS Ubuntu 7.10 server - upgrade from ZCS 5.0.1 to 5.0.4

My server is working and seems to be sending and receiving messages OK but I have some odd changes that may be intended but I would like to firstly verify that they are correct and secondly if not find a fix for them.

1) I use Windows Putty terminal to access the box which normally provides a colour coded view i.e. directories are one colour, files another, scripts another in all my normal users this is fine but when I login to the Zimbra user (sudo su - zimbra) all the entries in every directory are just grey? The scripts seem to work still under the zimbra user (with one exception that I have found - see point 2) should this be doing this as it worked i.e. was colour coded in 5.0.1 if not how do I fix this?

2) If I run the zmfixperms script under zimbra user each file entry comes up with operation not permitted or permission denied? I have search the forums and found some posts about this being a bug in 4.x ZCS versions but it appears to have been fixed. I have tried to run this under sudo in the zimbra user but the script just seems to fail and returned to the command prompt immediately. Under sudo on my main user id it seems to work or at least the command prompt take a number of seconds to return so I am presuming that the delay is the time taken for the script to run and do its stuff....?

Thanks for any help in advance....

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by paped View Post
    2) If I run the zmfixperms script under zimbra user each file entry comes up with operation not permitted or permission denied? I have search the forums and found some posts about this being a bug in 4.x ZCS versions but it appears to have been fixed. I have tried to run this under sudo in the zimbra user but the script just seems to fail and returned to the command prompt immediately. Under sudo on my main user id it seems to work or at least the command prompt take a number of seconds to return so I am presuming that the delay is the time taken for the script to run and do its stuff....?
    The zmfixperms script should always be run as root and not the ZImbra user. Use the following commands:

Code:
    chown -R zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra
    /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

paped is offline Intermediate Member

Thanks for the commands and help, point 2 now sorted out, zmfixperms has run now....
    Last edited by paped; 04-10-2008 at 12:43 PM.

Thread Information