Thread: LDAP (AD) configured properly but login/auth fails?

Default LDAP (AD) configured properly but login/auth fails?

My setup:
    zimbra running on ubuntu 6 server, my LDAP servers are my Active Directory Domain Controllers. Configuration of LDAP authentication ("External AD") works when I "test" and "finish" but I cannot login using domain credentials. Do I need to create the accounts manually on the server?

Worth mentioning that first time I tried configuring LDAP it just hung at "finish" ("test" worked though) and I had to cancel. When I re-did it and added more than one LDAP server it let me "finish" with no problems. GAL configuration hangs no matter what.

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

You will need to provision the accounts on the Zimbra server, there is currently no method for automatic provisioning against an external LDAP or AD server.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

by provision, i'm guessing you mean "create the account" but trying to create an account only offers me the option to create an account for user@sub1.sub.domain.tld and I want to auth my user(s) that are in sub.domain.tld.

Would I have to move my users (or create accounts for them) in sub1.sub.domain.tld OU in AD?

phoenix is online now Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Static Electrician View Post
    by provision, i'm guessing you mean "create the account" but trying to create an account only offers me the option to create an account for user@sub1.sub.domain.tld and I want to auth my user(s) that are in sub.domain.tld.
    Yes, I mean create the accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Static Electrician View Post
    Would I have to move my users (or create accounts for them) in sub1.sub.domain.tld OU in AD?
    I guess that sub1.sub.domain.tld is the FQDN of your server and sub.domain.tld is the Domain where your users are going to be located? If that's the case you can either create the domain and set it as the defaul then copy create the users in that domain. When you install Zimbra for the first time you're asked if you want to create a domain, if you answer no (or hit enter) it will use the FQDN as the domain name. You could uninstall Zimbra and run the install again and create the correct domain when you're asked, for a new server it's sometimes easier to do that.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Thread Information