Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: schedule reminders in the calendar

MCC
    MCC is offline Junior Member

Default schedule reminders in the calendar

Is it possible to setup a reminder in a calendar entry that will put up a reminder before the event falls due. For example i have a meeting in two days at 10.30am, how do I setup a reminder for say 9am that day? One that pops up and lets me know I've got a meeting and I haven't done anything about it

KevinH is offline Expert Member

Reminders are in the Web UI are something we are looking at. The current release doesn't have them.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Richard is offline Senior Member

My users also would vote for a reminder feature. I guess forget to prepare for meetings also

mmike is offline Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Reminders are in the Web UI are something we are looking at. The current release doesn't have them.
    Can you tell us if this feature will be available in the next release?
    my team use this a lot ; well I just said that this will be available very soon but I want to be sure that I didn't lie

Very soon seems like a stretch. It's not slotted for any particular release so hard to guess on a date.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

nxnw is offline Intermediate Member

Related to this, any ETA on OS X sync services support, to the OS/iCal can take care of reminders?

Quote Originally Posted by nxnw
    Related to this, any ETA on OS X sync services support, to the OS/iCal can take care of reminders?
    It's looking pretty good but still not released. We want to do a few more cycles with our internal Mac users.

terrytbones is offline Starter Member

Default I 2nd on the calendar reminder

If I am going to try and deploy this, It will be a feature asked for, as it is something I use myself a lot. I like the application a lot and look forward to a future working with it.

peden is offline Starter Member

Default Reminders

My vote would be to add sms or email to sms and plain email reminders like that done on www.airset.com (a free AJAX calendar site) as well as pop-up reminders. I use airset currently and would have to stay with it until something like this gets implemented because I love to have those reminders sent to my cell phone.

They are REALLY easy to implement too as most cell providers let you send an email to a certain address (like number@message.alltel.com for alltel), then they convert it to an SMS message and send it to the phone. They are almost always instantaneous and great for reminders.

I would be happy even to take the first stab at implementing them if someone would point me in the right direction.

I actually hacked out a quick zimlet this week that did the popup reminders. We've got an SMS Zimlet that would be trivial to add. Our current SMS Zimlet uses ipipi.com which let's you get ~95% or the phone carriers worldwide. Of course hacking that to send to your carriers SMTP -> SMS gateway would also work. So we'll get some reminders in there pretty soon even if at first they come via a zimlet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information