Thread: outofoffice not sent

crose9 is offline Junior Member

Question outofoffice not sent

Hi,

zimbra (5.0.2) does not send any out of office emails. In the mailbox.log I've found:

2008-02-16 22:54:21,233 INFO [LmtpServer-100] [name=XXXX@domain.com;mid=10;] mailbox - outofoffice not sent (not direct) mid=575 rcpt='XXXX@domain.com' dest='YYYY@new.com'

What does mean "not direct" ?

The Zimbra server has no own MX record, instead it uses a relay. As far as I can see everything else works fine.

Any ideas ?

X a lot

Carsten

jholder is offline Former Zimbran

is it an alias?

crose9 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    is it an alias?
    Iv've tested with both, alias and account. At the moment it seems to work for internal mai (=send and received via zimbra smtp/webmail). If the mail comes from outside, the "out of office" isn't sent.

I've found some old postings about problems with alias' too, but here it seems to be something different.

My main question at the moment , what means "outofoffice not sent (not direct) "

2008-02-16 22:54:21,233 INFO [LmtpServer-100] [name=XXXX@domain.com;mid=10;] mailbox - outofoffice not sent (not direct) mid=575 rcpt='XXXX@domain.com' dest='YYYY@new.com'

Thanks a lot

CU
    Carsten

soxfan is offline Moderator

My main question at the moment , what means "outofoffice not sent (not direct) "
    This basically means that the final destination address is not the same as the primary "To:" address of the message. Hence jholder's question about an alias. I think your issue is your relay, since based on the log message that you posted your destination address is somehow being adjusted by your relay.

So, if I send a message to jdoe@domain1.com and something in your email system translates this address to jdoe@domain2.com and then sends it to your Zimbra server the "out of office" notification isn't going to work for you. There may be a "bug" open for this issue. I know that there definitely have been some other threads discussing the "out of office" notification, and why it isn't sent in some cases.

lars_BE is offline Senior Member

hi Carsten,

My relay server blocked the away message. There was a error in Trend Micro IMSS that blocked the e-mails with an empty (<>) sender field.

maybe you can check that too.

Lars.
    Last edited by lars_BE; 03-13-2008 at 04:25 AM. Reason: away message works for aliasses too, my error.

Thread Information