I'm trying to test a backup of my live zimbra server. I did the following:
1. Installed the same os (Centos 4.5 with all updates)
2. copied the install binary from my zimbra server (ZCS 4.5.10) to the test machine
3. ran ./install -s to install zimbra without configuring it.
4. untar the backup file ( tar -zxvf zimbrabck.tgz) while on /opt
5. ran as root chown -R zimbra:zimbra zimbra
6. ran as root /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmfixperms
7. started zimbra server using su - zimbra -c "zmcontrol start"
After starting the server I did a zmcontrol status and gave the following output:
[zimbra@mail ~]$ zmcontrol status
tomcat is not running
Seeing this I looked out around the zimbra forums and wiki, but I haven't found anything that will help me fix this problem.
Attached is the following log:
catalina.out.txt from /opt/zimbra/tomcat/logs/catalina.out
Plz, can you give me some pointers to fix this.
P.D: I tried doing an update using the same binary, but it didin't work. I mean it started everything but I could not log using any account. (it also became imposible to log in with).
P.D2: Also I have noticed that when I do the backup, the tar program wont include the sockect files.... does this affect the restore?